"If you can't catch against the Saints you must not be very good"(*MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

Saint Brees

The Seeker
Reaction score
On Jim Rome they where just talking about T.O.s no catches Sunday and Mark Whicker said "you must not be very good if you can't catch against the Saints." I'm sorry but does this moron know that the Saints secondary was revamped.

Last edited:
How about, if you can't throw it to TO you aren't very good. The Bills QB was sucky.

Look at the plays, he should have caught at least three of the passes he dropped. But I agree about the comment Rome made.

I'd never expect a moran like Jim Rome to know anything about the Saints? Probably thinks our starting wide receiver is still Joe Horn.

Jim Rome Burning

Did anyone see this? He had a guest on (Mark Whicker from the Orange County Register) that said this about Terrell Owens. "If you can't get up and go against the New Orleans Saints and can't catch a pass you may not be good anymore"

I don't know why this surprises me anymore.

Cut Whicker a little slack as he is obviously unaware of the Saints improvement in this area. Guys out here with the Register are clueless when it comes to anything outside of the Lakers and USC.

I think the defense is irrelevant. He should have caught at least one. He takes too many plays off when the ball is not going to him. You can't do that. There is one play in particular where Edwards rolled out due to pressure and was waiting for TO to turn around and look for the ball. Since the play wasn't designed to go to him he kept running with his head down and Edwards had to throw to someone else for an incompletion but TO was open.

Oh no he di n't.

I think the defense is irrelevant. He should have caught at least one. He takes too many plays off when the ball is not going to him. You can't do that. There is one play in particular where Edwards rolled out due to pressure and was waiting for TO to turn around and look for the ball. Since the play wasn't designed to go to him he kept running with his head down and Edwards had to throw to someone else for an incompletion but TO was open.

I do agree with that, I just get tired of the so called experts taking shots at our defense that probably has not seen a game yet!

Most don't realize the Saints have new starting db's in Greer and Porter as well as Sharper. They also don't realize we have pretty much pulled a 180 in defensive scheme and philosophy. That, coupled with the fact that we played prevent for the 2nd half of the Eagles and Lions game pretty much makes our passing stats look pretty bad to most.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom