If you could be gm of a horrible team how would you rebuild through the draft (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just to see how some of you think

How would you do it.
I would personally take Miami
rd 1) Chris Long DE Virginia

rd 2) Carl Nicks OT Nebraska

rd 2) Terrel Thomas CB/S USC

rd 3) Andre Caldwell WR Florida

rd 4) Ben Moffit LB South Florida

rd 6) Durant Brooks P G Tech

rd 7) Jason Shirley NT Fresno State

Pick a team and rebuild their franchise almost like madden lol

'Phins, being from FLA and all, plus theyre in major need of rebuilding
but just BPA. period. if you go anything other than BPA when rebuilding you're mad.

I would try to trade all of my high priced vets for picks. Select a high profile player for ticket sales and then draft as many lineman d and o as possible. Also make beers 1$ for a 16oz.

I would do a little bit of everything. I would first test the trade market to see if anyone would be interested in my vets. And with the draft I would build up the middle starting on defense first. Depending on whose available, I would start with the DT, then the middle LB and safety

How I would rebuild the Falcons if I was the GM/Coach
i would start by changing to a 3-4 defense, which I prefer to the 4-3, and in rebuilding it is probally trhe easiest time for the transition.

I will start at the begining of the Free Agency period, because I would have done things a little differently.
The players that they released before FA are still released, because I probally would release them anyway. We need to bring in young talent.

FA's that I would have gone after)
Madieu Williams S
I like Madieu williams, if I was the GM/Coach of the Falcons I would have gone after him very agressively

Shane Olivia RT
a very solid run blocker, but not a great pass blocker. We will have to rebuild this Oline and Olivia is a young, solid player that I like.

Bryant Johnson WR
he had a decent carrer playing behind to amazing recievers in Arizona, we need another threat at WR to go with White, and Bryant Johnson is my favorite FA WR of 08 (other than Randy Moss of course)

Jake Scott OG
Another good young player for the Oline.

Resgin
Micheal Boley LB

Trade Deangelo Hall to Gaints for their first and 3rd round picks.
all D Hall does is cause trouble, and he has a bad attitude, I don't want him here while I'm rebuilding a franchise. Giants have shown some interest in making this trade, don't be surprised to see it happen around draft day.

1A) Darren McFadden RB
I will start with a RB, because Turner isn't signed in this fake offseason, McFadden is more of my type of RB and I think he will have success in the league. Plus I wouldn't mind him playing QB a couple of snaps a game, with the QB situation the way it is.

1B) Quentin Grooves OLB/DE
I like Grooves a lot, he has the speed to be an excellent OLB in my 3-4 system.

2A) Curtis Lofton LB
I will need to have a solid Linebacker in the middle of my 3-4

2B) Dre Moore DT
he would accually play DE in my 3-4 system, he has good speed and a lot of potiential, has excellent strength as well.

3A) Shawn Crable OLB
With Grooves and Grable, I now have a scary pass rush for many years to come.

3B) Josh Johnson QB
I like QBs with speed, that is one reason why Josh Johnson is my favorite QB prospect. Only threw one int this season. He played against small school competition though, but with his potiential I think he is a steal at this pick. He needs to work on his throws but I believe he can improve that and be a star in the NFl that would make Atlanta's fans forget Vick ever existed.

4) Jermey Zutah OG/C
He played OT in college, but I would use him at Guard or maybe center, he projects better to those positions.

5) Frank Okam DT
a big NT for the middle of my 3-4 DLine, he is an underachiever, but if he puts forth a little effort he will be an impact player in this league.

6) Dominique Barber FS
the brother of Marion Barber III, he was a late bloomer according to NFL Network, but ihave liked him for a while now, he could possibly make a huge impact early in his career

7) Barry Richardson
a big tackle, I think that he could possibly make an impact in the NFL.

UDFA:
Terrell Walden CB
a quick corner, maybe be one of those special small school players.

Good thing for us that this will never happen.

I would draft Shawn Crable and wait for the rest of the league to refuse to play. :hihi:

I think it all starts on the lines. Get OLinemen and DLinemen first. They can make everyone behind them look better.

I would ask Matt Millen what he was going to do and do the exact opposite.

How can one man blow so many top 10 picks and and still have a job?

draft solid linemen. whichever side of the ball is available. next take the most talented skill position player there. QB is never a sure thing, and I would absolutely not draft someone believing he will be my franchise quarterback. Get a good veteran via free agency and take a QB around the fourth or fifth pick. hopefully the offense will produce.

My point is that I would rather produce a bad team with a good offense and weak defense than vice versa. At least i will sale tickets the first couple of years because people want to see the offense (saints, browns). Except for a select few, nobody wants to watch a whole game of three and outs (ravens)

Maybe this strategy will by me some time to trade for defense (vilma) and draft more defense (rivers, leodis, drc)

Well, I would have too decide on whether there is a QB worthy of a franchice QB..... Personally, I dont think there is one, so I would draft McFadden or trade for 2 first round picks nothing less or just draft mcfadden..... can be a 1st round this year and a 1st round next year.....

Then do like most have BPA regardless of whats on your team....

I would Trade older vets with value, they won't be around for the team I build in 3 years. get draft picks

Trade down in the draft and pick up picks, I would trade completely out of 1st round and get 2, 3, etc. picks for this year and do this for 3 years

I would draft three young qbs late rounds 6,7 each year and just keep the best 4-6 on the roster the first two years (got to have a franchise qb to win in this league) low cost , low pressure , lots of competition. third year keep just 3.

wouldn't draft an Rb first year, they wear out too soon, get lineman corners, and value picks

I'd be the Falcons.

Trade any player with value for draft picks. Then trade the Saints all my picks for one 7th rounder. Tell Blank I quit, heart ain't in it. Sit with Rita in the suites for the rest of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom