If you could change one play from NFCCG besides no call and late INT (1 Viewer)

Brees places the ball in MT chest after the bomb to Ginn late in the 4th quarter.

I’d still have to go with the pass interference, only to go back and drew just throws it to the end zone for the go ahead touchdown. Lewis was wide open if brees had just threw it over the defender

The fake punt. Everyone knew it was going to happen. I knew it was going to happen... it was pretty upsetting how easily they converted it. We stop that play, we score a TD and the game completely changes.

Incomplete to MT 2 plays before the worst no call in NFL history

This one for me too. I've re-watched that play a bunch and if Drew throws a better pass MT has room to run. Rams would have had to use a timeout and we probably would have had 2nd and short or gotten the first down.

Yeah.

Look, you had to assume every punt the fake was in play and they might audible to it.

Every play.

With the lead in that position I don't think I am playing for a return at all. It should have been all about the fake.

I think it was and that’s why our special teams staff got the boot. Giving them that’s extra opportunity, especially after we shut down a fake in the regular season game, was inexcusable.

Two plays before the no call, first down pass to Mike Thomas. If that pass is complete... either Thomas makes it in to the end zone or is down around the 2. That would have also forced the Rams to use a timeout. Perfect call in the situation, but Drew missed a throw he makes 99/100 times.

Incomplete to MT 2 plays before the worst no call in NFL history
Why throw a pass there at all? First down on the Rams' 12 yard line... inside of 2 minutes on the clock... and the Rams have 2 timeouts. You run the ball 3 times... run the Rams out of timeouts... then kick the FG with under a minute left.

Throwing any pass there, which when incomplete stopped the clock, and saved a timeout for the Rams, was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. The no call against TLL should never have happened because the ball should NEVER have been in the air during that series.

No doubt about it. You have to give the Rams a lot of credit for that play call. It totally changed the game. They had zero momentum before that play and it looked like the wheels were falling off. That was a great call and execution.

Here's my question though, why were we caught so off guard? I remember talking about the Rams trickery in the week leading up to the game on here. I'd have to go back and find the thread but we specifically talked about how we expected the Rams to try a fake Punt or Field Goal early. I remember we talked about how we should play Punt Safe and FG Safe on every attempt.
"We" weren't caught off guard. Justin Hardee was.

The coaches were ready. The other players were ready. Either he wasn't coached well enough, or he just blew it. Plain and simple. Should never have turned away like he did.

There was one play in the 4th when we passed instead of run. I can’t remebrr the time,but close to the end of the game. Felt like we should of ran the ball.

It would definitely be the fake punt. Everyone and their mom knew it was coming. I don’t know why they weren’t ready for it. A turnover on downs on our side of the field would have been tremendous.

Wasn't Hardee in position but missed the tackle? If is was him, I saw a tweet a few days after where he was talking about how having a baby cost him a lot of sleep. Or something to that effect.

This.
Dan Arnold not catching that TD made Drew cautious about throwing to anyone not named Thomas, Kamara, or Ginn. You could see it in Drew’s eyes when Arnold dropped it
Dan Arnold has been a drop machine all season. I wasn’t really surprised that he didn’t make the catch. Hopefully we address the TE group in the off-season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom