If you could change one play from NFCCG besides no call and late INT (1 Viewer)

To mix it up a little - Ingram''s (12?) yard run on first down late in the fourth quarter that was negated by a holding call. If that play stands, we have a first down a decent way into Rams territory and they probably have to burn one of their timeouts. I admittedly forget what the score was at that time - and I have no desire to go back and look. But that play was demoralizing for the Rams had it stood.

For me it's a no brainer. It'd be either the 4th down that the Rams converted with a fake punt. I feel that play game the Rams life and a little momentum. I think the Saints would have stepped on their throats if they had the ball up 13-0. The other play would be the first down the Saints had late in the 4th quarter after the Ted Ginn Jr catch. I'd either had run the ball or execute the pass to Michael Thomas better. Those are the two plays that stick out biggest in my mind besides the obvious two game changing plays.
First quarter, Dan Arnold was either interfered with or held on the TD he dropped. But of course the refs didn't flag it. The defender was all over him.

Yes the MT pass 2 plays before the no call play. If Drew doesn't rush getting the ball out so fast and takes a half second longer thats a TD or first down.

Agree punt. On a side note the rams punter is extremely annoying.

Like a little hype man. Sit down

Goff looking confused then finally snapping the ball leading to the 'phantom time out' the Rams sideline apparently called, even though there is zero film of this actually happening. Bogus.

To me, it was a culmination of several plays. Like kicking field goals and playing conservatively in the red zone. The biggest being the fake punt they converted. Not even a week before, a fake punt conversion tilted the field for us. And then we just come up to the line like just another punt. Up to that point the Rams hadnt been able to do anything with the ball and if the Saints get the ball back and score, I dont think the Rams come back. But no, Sean Payton got Out-Sean'd by McVay. He decided to go conservative, that's not what got us there. I blame CSP more than bad reffing. But Im not mad at him either, hes human and we all tend to over or under think things and this is what happened. I appreciate the effort this year, we just come up one play short again.

i didnt reall all the comments, but for me its been the thorn in my side since mid season...DAN ARNOLD...his dropped TD (as he always drops everything)... changed the landscape

how about the PI non call earlier in the 4th that resulted in a punt. If its called we get a first and extend that drive possibly gdtting points but definetely killing more clock time.

It would definitely be the fake punt. Everyone and their mom knew it was coming. I don’t know why they weren’t ready for it. A turnover on downs on our side of the field would have been tremendous.

Agreed. That play kept that drive alive and the score kept them in the game. We were a score away from knocking them out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom