Saints If you could have one LB (in history, or present) to join the Saints in 2018... who??? (1 Viewer)

Lawrence Taylor. When he was in pass rushing mode he was smoking coming off the edge and it was almost impossible to block him. He could outrun and overpower anything in front of him. His strip sack caused numerous turnovers to change games. All the attention given freed up his team mates to make plays also.

Gotta go with Bobby Boucher. The great linebacker from South Central Louisiana State University. Go Mud Dogs.

If you’re picking LT over Rickey Jackson, I suggest to you that you are allowing yourself to be overly influenced by media bias. The same thing you complain about happening with Brees vs Brady/Manning/Rodgers etc.

You have a highlight reel of LT in your head, violently ripping around the edge, that’s been implanted in you by major media and it’s love for large markets. Just like 30 years from now, best ever QB discussions will have Brady as a given with debates about who else is in the discussion.

I think Brees is better than Brady and had he played with Bellicheck’s defenses in that weak division, he might have 6 or 7 titles. I also think Rickey Jackson was a better overall linebacker than LT, and if he had played in NYC he’d be just as famous and well regarded as LT currently is.

I’m also a saints fan, so that factors in. But Rickey could do it all. Don’t see how any self respecting saints fan chooses LT over him.

Dick Butkus, and it's not even close in my mind. He would change our defense. People, rightly so, remember him as the delivering the most violent hits. But like one other poster said, they were perfect form. And he was also a force in the pass game, at least till his knees died. One of the most feared defensive players ever.

If you’re picking LT over Rickey Jackson, I suggest to you that you are allowing yourself to be overly influenced by media bias. The same thing you complain about happening with Brees vs Brady/Manning/Rodgers etc.

You have a highlight reel of LT in your head, violently ripping around the edge, that’s been implanted in you by major media and it’s love for large markets. Just like 30 years from now, best ever QB discussions will have Brady as a given with debates about who else is in the discussion.

I think Brees is better than Brady and had he played with Bellicheck’s defenses in that weak division, he might have 6 or 7 titles. I also think Rickey Jackson was a better overall linebacker than LT, and if he had played in NYC he’d be just as famous and well regarded as LT currently is.

I’m also a saints fan, so that factors in. But Rickey could do it all. Don’t see how any self respecting saints fan chooses LT over him.
Greatest post of ALL TIME

No love for Vaughn Johnson? He would instantly solve the woes of our run-game defense, plus bring an extra attitude and swagger to the other 10 guys. EXACTLY the catalyst this defense needs! (although the guy who suggested Vilma as a QB for the defense also has merit, IMO)

My pick as well. Loved V. Johnson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom