Saints If you could have one LB (in history, or present) to join the Saints in 2018... who??? (1 Viewer)

No love for Vaughn Johnson? He would instantly solve the woes of our run-game defense, plus bring an extra attitude and swagger to the other 10 guys. EXACTLY the catalyst this defense needs! (although the guy who suggested Vilma as a QB for the defense also has merit, IMO)

Love here.
He hit like a Mack truck and has the nasty we don’t have. Like you said.

If Lawrence Taylor could play within the confines of the modern NFL's rules and drug enforcement I'd pick him 100% of the time.

Because I'm not sure that LT could do that (especially in New Orleans) I'll select Ray Lewis. He would change the culture of the entire defense.

If Lawrence Taylor could play within the confines of the modern NFL's rules and drug enforcement I'd pick him 100% of the time.

Because I'm not sure that LT could do that (especially in New Orleans) I'll select Ray Lewis. He would change the culture of the entire defense.

My favorite non Saints LB of all time.
Ray.

Vilma. Big V!!

Was just thinking about him this morning when I saw his jersey. Dude had heart and skills.

Former Saints- City Champ

All Time- LT and it shouldn't be close. He revolutionized the game and invented the strip sack. When Bill Walsh was drawing offensive plays for the Niners when they played the Giants, He wrote 10 X's and #56 on the board. Joe Theisman said Joe Gibbs did the same thing with the Redskins.

The old school LB's would be penalized out of the league in 1 season. Better to take a LB like Vilma or Keuchly, or just draft someone.

The old school LB's would be penalized out of the league in 1 season. Better to take a LB like Vilma or Keuchly, or just draft someone.

You kidding?
Vaughan Johnson would be doing hard time for assault.

Watch old films of Dick Butkus. Very few of his plays would be penalized. A vast majority were perfect form tackles. He just delivered them with violence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom