If you have 2 QB’s you don’t have 1 (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
We’ve all seen the reports on how well Jameis is doing and that Payton wants Hill to start. This can’t be a good thing for the team as a whole. Like it or not whoever starts there will be fans on their couch saying the other one should’ve started and we would’ve won. Sure their voices alone don’t mean much but when the media gets involved (and we all know that they will) things start to get out of hand.

I know this is reaching really far out but as much as I don’t like Rodgers as a person I would love to see him in black and gold. I know he may kill us cap space wise but I’m sure we would be a super bowl contender with him as QB. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t see us as one the way the team is now. With Rodgers Hill could keep doing what he has been and Jameis could be a great backup option.

Man fans need to let it play out and trust the Coaches. Rodgers has 1 superbowl and hasn't been back in 10 years yet folks on SR think he's a savior. The best QB in the league doesn't win the superbowl every year. If Rodgers kills the cap how will you put a superbowl team around him?

That saying goes a little misunderstood sometimes, and really doesn’t hold a lot of validity much anyway. It doesn’t apply to the Saints right now, because it isn’t clear what they have in these players.

If you have two QBs and neither one really stands out as a definitive starter, then you don’t have a QB (that is consistent enough to keep on the field and makes the team better at the position).

If you have two QBs playing really well, and it’s a difficult decision, that’s not a bad scenario.

We just need either Hill or Winston (or Siemian or Book) to seize the opportunity and emerge as a quality starter. Time will tell.

That saying goes a little misunderstood sometimes, and really doesn’t hold a lot of validity much anyway. It doesn’t apply to the Saints right now, because it isn’t clear what they have in these players.

If you have two QBs and neither one really stands out as a definitive starter, then you don’t have a QB (that is consistent enough to keep on the field and makes the team better at the position).

If you have two QBs playing really well, and it’s a difficult decision, that’s not a bad scenario.

We just need either Hill or Winston (or Siemian or Book) to seize the opportunity and emerge as a quality starter. Time will tell.
Agreed. There has been a good number of cases where there were two good or adequate QBs on a roster. It will all play out the way it’s supposed to. Honestly, I always thought that when Drew would retire, that we would probably have no good option at QB, and we would make a run for the draft following that year. I’m fine knowing either Jameis or Taysom is here for the season. Just get us to next year when we will let Russ Cook!!!

We’ve seen Taysom do a decent job as starter and have film on Jameis being a solid QB and one who eats W’s and throws the ball to the other team way to much. I think Taysom’s best role is the one he’s been playing i and I’m totally unsure about Jameis.
I would love to to come out of training camp with a solid #1 and a strong #2. That would be our best scenari. Outside of that for the team’s sake Rodgers could do some amazing things in CSP’s offense. I just don’t like what little bit I know about him as a perso.

KYLe.gif

One thing that is for certain with fans is, complaints will be had. No matter who wins the job, there will be a side questioning it. And if we're losing, of course we'll hear everything from change the QB to fire the entire coaching staff. Boy, I'm ready for some football, but not any of that. Lol.

I have to trust Payton on this one. If too many mistakes are made, I can see him switching QBs. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but the beauty is you've got two guys who both know the system and have played in real games before. It might be a who messes up the least situation for a brief period. Or someone might win the job in camp and never look back. I suspect this will be Winston's job and he'll do pretty well, but I'm also prepared for any surprises.

Last edited:
Outside of cheating - I don’t care. Whatever wins us games is all good to me.

May the best man win the job. We know what we have with each of them. If Jameis starts, Taysom will still be utilized in short yardage/goal line plays. If Taysom starts, Jameis will be ready if he falls. Frankly, CSP will do whatever it takes to make sure the team keeps winning, no matter who is at the helm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom