If you need a good laugh... (1 Viewer)

If there's one thing I've learned in 30+ years......don't look past a division game. No matter who is good or bad these games are tough to win.

If there's one thing I've learned in 30+ years......don't look past a division game. No matter who is good or bad these games are tough to win.

I'm not saying they don't have a chance to win the game. But saying they have the personnel to shut down our offense is laughable.

I'm not saying they don't have a chance to win the game. But saying they have the personnel to shut down our offense is laughable.
I get that....I'm just saying even when we feel invincible those division games have a way of being hard games.

2009- atl scores were 35-27 and 26-23
2011- atl scores were 26-23 (OT) and 45-16

Those would be what most consider our 2 best teams up until this year and only 1 of those games was a comfortable win.

Normally I would agree, but the one thing I noticed this year is that we are not "playing down" to lesser opponents. We are beating the teams that we should be beating, and the Falcons are fluctuating between "bad" and "average" right now. At home, in the dome, and on prime time, I feel like we are going to blow them out.

If it's one thing I've learned, it's to not get overconfident even if we're doing really well right now.

While I think we'll win, Atl is in desperation mode and they can hang with anyone.

I don't expect this to be easy. But to say your defense is "better", I mean, that's not saying much, is it? And, hey, we know in the past trying to make ourselves feel better that our defense isn't as bad as everyone thinks. But I don't expect Sean Payton to do anything but try to making it a killing field. He's on his Prove Them Right Tour.

I remember we beat the Bucs twice in 2002 and they went on to win the Superbowl. Division games are typically tough but I like our chance this week.

H F A requires us to look at each and every opponent as simply the next team we have to beat. Every play is an opportunity to learn from our own mistakes no matter how small. In my opinion you do not take your foot off the pedal in the beginning of the fourth quarter. To stop playing full out is to invite injury.

You can call us anything you want, but what you cannot call us is losers. Coach Payton is building a true winning team. One that will not take any chances of losing.

I also think the bet with the Eagles coach that kept us from wearing Black jerseys may of had something to do with that last score!

certainly they could do it. All they have to do is use the blueprint that ....

um. By "shut down" do the mean hold under 45? I think we are going to need some pretty loose definitions.

I get that....I'm just saying even when we feel invincible those division games have a way of being hard games.

2009- atl scores were 35-27 and 26-23
2011- atl scores were 26-23 (OT) and 45-16

Those would be what most consider our 2 best teams up until this year and only 1 of those games was a comfortable win.
Yeah, our offensive juggernaut at home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom