If you need another reason as to why we missed the playoffs (1 Viewer)

These are my reasons why I thought we didn't make the playoffs
- Loss to Carolina in week 2 and the New York Giants in week 4.
- MT not playing this year. This was huge not having a consistent wide receiver corps
- No complimentary running back to help Kamara
- Ryan Ramczyk being hurt. He's that good when he's in the game. His play covers up for Ruiz

It was more or less a repeat of 2004.

The Saints beating a division rival on the road, followed by a Rams game going into overtime and producing a result opposite of what we needed.

Once that game went into OT, I had a feeling the Saints were bleep-ed.

The simplest reason why the Saints didn’t make the playoffs was Lutz getting hurt. We last at least two games because of missed kicks. Even if every other bad thing still happened we would have been a double digit win team

As mentioned, the injures killed us but none more than the AK injury and the CGJ injury.

Both were out for 4 of our 5 game losing streak.

Keep all the injuries the same but AK and CGJ don’t miss any time, we are a playoff team. We win at least 2 of the 5, maybe 3 of the 5 with those two guys in.

The Giants loss was that one “head scratcher” that we have every season. So I don’t lament that one as much as I do the 5 straight we dropped while a combination of CGJ and AK were out.

Teams play us like we're their Super Bowl. I knew the Giants would suck after our game just like I knew the Falcons would. Smh
Lol it certainly seems that way. If we're playing one of the best teams in the league I feel okay about it. If we're playing a bottom feeder, not so much. Crazy how these teams get it up for the Saints and then you watch them the next week and they're totally phoning it in.

Ryan Ramczyk being hurt. He's that good when he's in the game. His play covers up for Ruiz
This is a really good point. Ruiz seems to be fine as the "fifth man" on the offensive line sandwiched between McCoy and Ram. But when Ruiz becomes the "first man" on the line, or the last starter among backups (and street FAs like against Miami) ... it can get ugly quick.

Yep. That was a travesty. It wasn't a real game and really the Saints should have forfeited. The only issue is the players wouldn't have gotten paid.

Were I Benson, I would have thought long and hard about forfeiting the game and paying the players anyway. Screw the NFL and their idiocy.
Uh, If we forfeit, our record would've been the same.

Uh, If we forfeit, our record would've been the same.
Yes, which is why I suggested it. We weren't going to win under any circumstances with the roster decimated as bad as it was. The Saints had no recourse because the NFL told the Saints tough shirt after postponing 3 games the previous weekend. It's outrageous that they insist on holding the team to a different standard than everyone else. Forfeit would have been a form of protest.

That said, it was the ultimate no-win situation. The outcome for the Miami game wis fixed. It wasn't a real game. I'll never see it any other way.

Prob would have a better shot at 4-4 if we didn't have to play the Dolphins at home with 21 starters out.
Not to mention 1-2 games lost by a kicker. And that horrible game changing call against the Titans. It goes on and on. Really a miracle they wound up with a winning season.

These are my reasons why I thought we didn't make the playoffs
- Loss to Carolina in week 2 and the New York Giants in week 4.
- MT not playing this year. This was huge not having a consistent wide receiver corps
- No complimentary running back to help Kamara
- Ryan Ramczyk being hurt. He's that good when he's in the game. His play covers up for Ruiz
True...but Ruiz is still pretty bad either way.

And I want to explain why I think the Miami game was where the blame lies for being the most responsible for the Saints not making the playoffs.

The Dolphins game was the inflection point where we lost the ability to control our destiny. We were in the driver's seat before that game and because of the loss, had to rely on the Rams beating the 9ers in the final game of the season.

In spite of all the crap that happened earlier in the season, we still managed to be in the driver's seat before the asterisk of a game happened. I have no doubt we win if we had our full complement of starters. Maddening.

NFL =/= integrity of the game

Can't blame just the Miami game we screwed the pouch on the Falclowns and Giants games
Sure you can. We were in the driver's seat when the Miami game started. That was the last point we lost control of a playoff spot.

The earlier losses were tough, but every team has those. In spite of those losses we were still in position to make the playoffs when the Miami game happened.

Don't forget Ida and living on the road for a month.

If you think the NFL doesn't have it in for Saints just look at the treatment we get from the main stream media. They're basically partners with the NFL and pretty much do what the NFL wants.

One example is the "What We Learned" segment about our game yesterday at NFL.com. Basically just a series of back handed compliments and thinly disguised hate. Go check it out if you think I'm exaggerating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom