If you need another reason as to why we missed the playoffs (1 Viewer)

The Giants game was just a bad game. The Domefield advantage was really not there all season, starting with Ida and the displacement to Jacksonville. Maybe it was COVID or just fans losing enthusiasm for the team after Drew's retirement, but there were too many empty seats and not the usual energy. Something was off all year. I went to the Panthers game and screamed like crazy, but there were a LOT of empty seats. Never saw anything like that at a home game, and I've been going since the 80s.

Instead of harping on the bad home record, I'd prefer to focus on the fact that the team found a way to eke out a winning season in the midst of more challenges than I have ever seen in a single season, with the one exception being the Katrina year.

The Giants game was just a bad game. The Domefield advantage was really not there all season, starting with Ida and the displacement to Jacksonville. Maybe it was COVID or just fans losing enthusiasm for the team after Drew's retirement, but there were too many empty seats and not the usual energy. Something was off all year. I went to the Panthers game and screamed like crazy, but there were a LOT of empty seats. Never saw anything like that at a home game, and I've been going since the 80s.

Instead of harping on the bad home record, I'd prefer to focus on the fact that the team found a way to eke out a winning season in the midst of more challenges than I have ever seen in a single season, with the one exception being the Katrina year.
I think Covid is still a factor in the smaller crowds.

A lot of people will point out the Miami game because its easy to blame the league for that one. I also will point out the blown 4th quarter lead against a bad Giants team and the last second lost to the same Falcons team we beat yesterday. Those 2 games right there are what I see cost the Saints the playoffs and both are of the teams own doing.
Yup. The Titans game with a bad call and horrible two minute drill and poor pocket prescience by Trevor that knocked us out of fog range against Philly come to mind also.

Yup. The Titans game with a bad call and horrible two minute drill and poor pocket prescience by Trevor that knocked us out of fog range against Philly come to mind also.
What pocket?

Sure you can. We were in the driver's seat when the Miami game started. That was the last point we lost control of a playoff spot.

The earlier losses were tough, but every team has those. In spite of those losses we were still in position to make the playoffs when the Miami game happened.
So if we didn't practically give the Atlanta and Giants away the Miami game would not have mattered.

A lot of people will point out the Miami game because its easy to blame the league for that one. I also will point out the blown 4th quarter lead against a bad Giants team and the last second lost to the same Falcons team we beat yesterday. Those 2 games right there are what I see cost the Saints the playoffs and both are of the teams own doing.
Gosh, we easily could’ve been 11-6 with the difficulties we endured this year. That’s crazy.

Sure you can. We were in the driver's seat when the Miami game started. That was the last point we lost control of a playoff spot.

The earlier losses were tough, but every team has those. In spite of those losses we were still in position to make the playoffs when the Miami game happened.

Have to win the early ones too, esp easy ones. Every game matters. I never understand when people say they don’t b/c they do.

Have to win the early ones too, esp easy ones. Every game matters. I never understand when people say they don’t b/c they do.
Of course they do. Never said they don't matter. The bottom line is in spite of those losses we were still in control of our destiny the week of the Miami game, which was pretty remarkable at the time. It's the same whether early or late. It's the NFL. If you're not sharp, you can lose to anyone. Just ask the Colts, who lost to Jacksonville with a playoff berth literally on the line. There are no real easy games, period. There might be the occasional blowout, but those are few and far between, even among the best teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom