If you think we are mad now, how will you feel if (1 Viewer)

If Meechem was the best player availbale last year when we picked then why the hell didn't he even sniff some playing time? We aren't good enough to draft best player available. We have too many needs on Defense to approach this year's draft that way.

Just wondering how you would feel if Payton took an offensive player with his first pick?

Some of you just snickered and said, "he would never do it".

I am not so sure about that. I have a feeling that Payton would do it. I am really starting to think that he doesn't have a grasp on how needy his defense is.

The front office repeatedly says that they will take the best player available when they pick. I think that they should change their philophy, this year, to best DEFENSIVE player available, but something tells me that they will stick to their guns and take their highest rated player. Even if that player is on the offensive side of the ball.

So, if you think you are mad or disappointed tonight, wait until SP pulls that stunt. I hope that I am wrong, but I just have a feeling.

Uh oh....Bono has another feeling. Damnit! Bono, do you have a feeling the Saints will ever win a Superbowl?

If you really don't think Payton has a grasp on how important the defense is! I don't think you have a grasp on what kind of coach Payton is.. He did do his tutalige under Parcells.. Not a knock on you or anything, but he didn't get to be a head coach by just knowing one side of the ball... Is the Defensive coach as competent as Payton is on Offense.. Now that's the million dollar question!

I have been thinking about this lately. As we all know Payton is an offensive minded guy, so I wonder if that leads to ranking offensive players higher than defensive players. I mean really, how do you decide who is better? Is DMAC better as a back than Ellis is a DT? There really is no way to quantify this. So it comes down to what you value more and in Payton's mind the RB can be more productive for him than say a DT. This is all speculation on my part but it is an interesting thought, how do you rank an offensive player against a defensive player? Thats why I think some teams draft best defensive player or best offensive player available in a given round and is a philosophy I agree with as apposed to trying to figure out who is really the BPA overall.
Good post, I just posted that like 5 minutes before you and no one responded.:9:

If you really don't think Payton has a grasp on how important the defense is! I don't think you have a grasp on what kind of coach Payton is.. He did do his tutalige under Parcells.. Not a knock on you or anything, but he didn't get to be a head coach by just knowing one side of the ball... Is the Defensive coach as competent as Payton is on Offense.. Now that's the million dollar question!
Many coaches have gotten head coaching positions by knowing a lot more about one side of the ball. look at Mike Martz.

If Meechem was the best player availbale last year when we picked then why the hell didn't he even sniff some playing time? We aren't good enough to draft best player available. We have too many needs on Defense to approach this year's draft that way.
Cause he was not the BPA and our FO made another mistake, as they have done quite often.

Mendenhall may be the BPA at 10 on some teams' boards. I truely believe Loomis only drafts based on BPA

Oh yeah, I totally agree.

Some people are saying, 'don't worry, there's still the draft to pick up a WLB, two CBs, pass rushing DT, TE, and #2 WR, and we have six pick so we're fine'.

Well, we're not going to do that. We'll draft BPA and get maybe one of our needs.

For the record, I'm all for drafting BPA and filling needs in FA. But that requires you to FILL THE NEEDS IN FA. And waiting around until the only CB left is Jason David, because the top 8 guys are already gone is not going to cut it. It ****** us up last year, and it will do it again. The only problem is that after Gay, Jason David would BE the top CB in this FA.

:soapbox:

To be frank, at the moment I can't generate any excitement over the draft. Benson's accountants will make the pick, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, I totally agree.

Some people are saying, 'don't worry, there's still the draft to pick up a WLB, two CBs, pass rushing DT, TE, and #2 WR, and we have six pick so we're fine'.

Well, we're not going to do that. We'll draft BPA and get maybe one of our needs.

For the record, I'm all for drafting BPA and filling needs in FA. But that requires you to FILL THE NEEDS IN FA. And waiting around until the only CB left is Jason David, because the top 8 guys are already gone is not going to cut it. It ****** us up last year, and it will do it again. The only problem is that after Gay, Jason David would BE the top CB in this FA.

:soapbox:
Even if we went all defense in the draft, only about 1 or 2 and if we are really lucky 3 would contribute immediately. You agree?

I would accually not be angry if we drafted offense, even though I want defense, you know we will probally go BPA, so I am ready for a Desean Jackson, or a Ryan Clady, or a huge surprise pick.

I would accually not be angry if we drafted offense, even though I want defense, you know we will probally go BPA, so I am ready for a Desean Jackson, or a Ryan Clady, or a huge surprise pick.
Are you sure that you are not Loomis disguised as a 17 year old fan?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom