If you think we are mad now, how will you feel if (1 Viewer)

syracuse saint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering how you would feel if Payton took an offensive player with his first pick?

Some of you just snickered and said, "he would never do it".

I am not so sure about that. I have a feeling that Payton would do it. I am really starting to think that he doesn't have a grasp on how needy his defense is.

The front office repeatedly says that they will take the best player available when they pick. I think that they should change their philophy, this year, to best DEFENSIVE player available, but something tells me that they will stick to their guns and take their highest rated player. Even if that player is on the offensive side of the ball.

So, if you think you are mad or disappointed tonight, wait until SP pulls that stunt. I hope that I am wrong, but I just have a feeling.

The only offensive players worth taken in the top 10 are Long, Clady and D-Mac, and I doubt any of them will be there at 10, so I'm thinking defense will be the pick.

The only offensive players worth taken in the top 10 are Long, Clady and D-Mac, and I doubt any of them will be there at 10, so I'm thinking defense will be the pick.

I hope that you're right. All I am saying is "what if one of those guys is on the board at #10 and they become our pick, and we ignore our defensive needs...again?"

How will you react?

I hope that you're right. All I am saying is "what if one of those guys is on the board at #10 and they become our pick, and we ignore our defensive needs...again?"

How will you react?

Might not be a popular opinion here, but if Ellis and Dorsey are both off the board and DMac is, I might go with DMac over DRC and/or Keith Rivers.

Mendenhall may be the BPA at 10 on some teams' boards. I truely believe Loomis only drafts based on BPA

How do you know how Payton ranks players though? He obviously puts much more stock into the offense, meaning he would put more value on picking an offensive player. Remember him trading up last year for Antonio Pittman? We did not even need a RB. I think this thread is on to something. I would not be surprised.

stop asking questions like this, im going to cry if it happens

Long as we don't grab at CB at #10....Has any top 10 CB ever made an impact in their first or second year?

stop asking questions like this, im going to cry if it happens

I agree. I will have to reevaluate my belief in Loomis and Payton, but I think that Payton and Loomis share the BPA philosophy, but I believe that they really need to make this a BDPA year. Best DEFENSIVE Player Available.

Long as we don't grab at CB at #10....Has any top 10 CB ever made an impact in their first or second year?
I think Deon Sanders, Charles Woodsen, and Champ Bailey. Weren't they all top 10?

I have been thinking about this lately. As we all know Payton is an offensive minded guy, so I wonder if that leads to ranking offensive players higher than defensive players. I mean really, how do you decide who is better? Is DMAC better as a back than Ellis is a DT? There really is no way to quantify this. So it comes down to what you value more and in Payton's mind the RB can be more productive for him than say a DT. This is all speculation on my part but it is an interesting thought, how do you rank an offensive player against a defensive player? Thats why I think some teams draft best defensive player or best offensive player available in a given round and is a philosophy I agree with as apposed to trying to figure out who is really the BPA overall.

So to answer the OP, yes I would be upset if we do not take the best defensive player available. Unless DMAC and none of the other elite defensive players fall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom