NFL If You Thought 2020 Could Be Any More Weird For This NFL Season... (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
While the Saints are struggling too eek out victories due to missed fieldgoals by their opponents, how about this scenario...
If the Rams can't manage to beat the Bears tonight on Monday Night Football, then Chicago will move up to the #1 Seed in the NFC playoff race.
Yes, this is the same Chicago Bears that we have to play next week up in the Windy City. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this possibility.o_O
This would mean that the Bears would be a 1 loss team with the only playoff Bye, and the Saints will have 2 losses without being on the playoff list at all!
Thank goodness there's more than half the season yet to be played. Imagine the fun & craziness the next 10 games are going to bring! :covri:

Last edited:
Everyone is talking about Green Bay, Seattle, Tampa Bay, etc as being the teams to beat, we’re sitting here today looking at the possibility that CHICAGO will take over the top spot in the playoff race.

Who’d a thunk it?!?!? :unsure:

yeah but they are also not blowing out teams either. I won't be surprise if they beat the rams. the rams haven't one outside the nfc east

I’m not following

I think the general theme is that parity has been thrown for a loop in the NFL this year.

There's a real possibility that a 6-1 #1 seed will be playing against a 4-2 non-playoff team next week. It's even crazier when you remember the playoff have been expanded this year, yet 4-2 is currently not good enough to be in the playoffs.

There's still over half the season to be played, but the window is already pretty tight ... unless you are in the NFCE, then 4-11-1 gets you a playoff spot.

Last edited:
To he fair to the Saints, it was a record 65 yarder that was missed. And Brees wasn’t gonna let us lose that game if they make it. It was one of those days that you could just feel it.

I think the general theme is that parity has been thrown for a loop in the NFL this year.

There's a real possibility that a 6-1 #1 seed will be playing against a 4-2 non-playoff team next week. It's even crazier when you remember the playoff have been expanded this year, yet 4-2 is currently not good enough to be in the playoffs.

There's still over half the season to be played, but the window is already pretty tight ... unless you are in the NFCE, then 4-11-1 gets you a playoff spot.
Gotcha
Difficult to do this before every team has had their bye, but here we are

To he fair to the Saints, it was a record 65 yarder that was missed. And Brees wasn’t gonna let us lose that game if they make it. It was one of those days that you could just feel it.

Right. That they missed what would’ve been a record kick (in New Orleans, not even Denver) and we would’ve had more than a minute to go and win does not mean we stole one.

The San Diego game? We stole that one, insofar as any game can be “stolen”. But not this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom