If you want to crown them...then crown them... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I guess after the win the Panther's had last night, the media will be back all over them. Somewhere between Super Bowl contender and average NFL team. That's where Carolina finds itself. So now that they have made up some ground on the NFC South just look for a lot of talk about them being back and how they will roll over the Saints and Dirty Terds.

I believe they were hinting at that last night. If the Panthers win, then they're back in the race for the SB. It might have been Steve Young that was hinting at that. Let them pump up the Panthers. What are they going to say when we win the division? And about Steve Young, he did his top 5 QB's for this week and I noticed that Brees was left off the list. Well, you could say that he left him off because we lost. And I could understand that. Well Carson Palmer lost and was still on it. That's ok. We'll keep Brees. And yesterday, it was either on ESPN Radio or the TV, can't remember, they mentioned another name for Coach of the Year. The coach for the Jets, just because he beat his former team. Give me a break.

Ok. I'm done with my rant.

I guess after the win the Panther's had last night, the media will be back all over them. Somewhere between Super Bowl contender and average NFL team. That's where Carolina finds itself. So now that they have made up some ground on the NFC South just look for a lot of talk about them being back and how they will roll over the Saints and Dirty Terds.

I wasn't impressed with them at all last night. They played worst than they did the first time we met them. Perhaps it was rust from the bye week, but they looked more than beatable.

7 weeks is a long time in the NFL, but if they don't get it together by 12/31, they'll be embarrassed in the dome. Their D seems to miss Morgan alot... Their O seemed sluggish most of the night, with the exception of Smith.

I was surprised Jake didn't look sharp either.

The way they played last night.... We would have beat them DOOOWn, if that was us, tampa just flat out blows !!!

Carolina is a game above .500 and all they did was beat a bad Tampa Bay team. If the media gets back all over them then that's another reason to ignore them.

The Panthers were dominated in the first half. In the 2nd it was 17-10 most of the game and it took steve smith making it 24-10 with a few minutes left to make it look respectable.

They aren't good. Their QB isn't good this year. Their running game is not good. Thier LB's aren't good this year with so many injuries. They have one good cornerback. I could keep going.

They are pumped up way to much. We have just as good of a team.

I wasn't impressed with them at all last night. They played worst than they did the first time we met them. Perhaps it was rust from the bye week, but they looked more than beatable.

7 weeks is a long time in the NFL, but if they don't get it together by 12/31, they'll be embarrassed in the dome. Their D seems to miss Morgan alot... Their O seemed sluggish most of the night, with the exception of Smith.

I was surprised Jake didn't look sharp either.

The thing that has surprised me the most is how vulnerable their defense looks. Morgan is a big loss, but he missed most of last season and they went to the NFC Championship game. Will Witherspoon was a bigger loss. The Steelers did have one of the worst 3rd down conversion ratios in the NFL in the regular season last year. Maybe the Panthers will follow a similar route but Pittsburgh's D was always good last year. Unless the Panthers D tightens up I think we should win the South

They are pumped up way to much. We have just as good of a team.

We have a BETTER team! If they come into our house on New Year's Eve playing the same way they did last night... IT WON'T EVEN BE CLOSE!!!

If Gradkowski hadn't suddenly woken up and realized where he was the last couple of weeks....

He underthrew two WRs for TDs down the left sideline. Of course, on one, there was some safety help, which we don't see enough of since Harper went down, but that ball was too far inside as well. I credit the Panthers for making the plays, but when Gradkowski threw that ball against us, it was out in front of Galloway where no one could get to the ball but the WR.

A little frustrating, yes, but these sorts of things even out. We do have two decisive wins to our credit, and I'd take our loss to the Ravens over the Panthers collapse at home against the Cowboys.

One thing the Panthers historically have been able to do is keep the game close and make it ugly, but this year it seems like that's the entire repertoire.

I agree with all - the Panthers are not looking like a very good team, but the media will still put them in the SB.
My question is - why does it seem that everyone always wants that team to win the NFC South and represent in the SB? I just don't get it.

My question is - why does it seem that everyone always wants that team to win the NFC South and represent in the SB? I just don't get it.

Because alot (most?) of the "experts" had them going to the SB with their preseason predictions. Human nature to want their prediction to come true, makes them look like they actually know what they are talking about.

they are WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE The carolina panthers ARE WHO WE THOUGH THEY WERE. We played them week 4 and WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!!

And just what have the Saints done to dispell that assumption? Nothing, that's what. Absolutely nothing. The defense is already playing for the offseason and their vacation. Our offensive game plans pass the ball too much and don't allow the defense to get rested and they seem incapable of doing anything offensively during the 3rd quarter. Now injuries to our TE's, WR's and DB's are killing us and McKenzie can't seem to figure out that teams are going to use pick plays against him until he figures out that he can't let his own teammate knock him off the play, oh yeah and that he has to tackle too. One tackle from behind is not a game. Not to mention the question of: did we even have any linebackers playing Sunday? Don't get me wrong, cause I still love my Saints but unless some things change we will be watching the playoffs from home again and will have won just enough games to put us in position to not be able to get the talent we still need in the draft. You're not going to get a Marques Colston in the draft every year. We better hope Stallworth signs an extension with Philly cause we're desparately going to need that extra 3rd round pick. I personally am going to get off the playoff bandwagon and just go back to watching the games for the excitement and positive plays that we do make from week to week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom