If you want to crown them...then crown them... (1 Viewer)

And just what have the Saints done to dispell that assumption? Nothing, that's what. Absolutely nothing. The defense is already playing for the offseason and their vacation. Our offensive game plans pass the ball too much and don't allow the defense to get rested and they seem incapable of doing anything offensively during the 3rd quarter. Now injuries to our TE's, WR's and DB's are killing us and McKenzie can't seem to figure out that teams are going to use pick plays against him until he figures out that he can't let his own teammate knock him off the play, oh yeah and that he has to tackle too. One tackle from behind is not a game. Not to mention the question of: did we even have any linebackers playing Sunday? Don't get me wrong, cause I still love my Saints but unless some things change we will be watching the playoffs from home again and will have won just enough games to put us in position to not be able to get the talent we still need in the draft. You're not going to get a Marques Colston in the draft every year. We better hope Stallworth signs an extension with Philly cause we're desparately going to need that extra 3rd round pick. I personally am going to get off the playoff bandwagon and just go back to watching the games for the excitement and positive plays that we do make from week to week.

What have the Panthers done to make anyone believe that they will win the South - this year?

And just what have the Saints done to dispell that assumption? Nothing, that's what. Absolutely nothing. The defense is already playing for the offseason and their vacation. Our offensive game plans pass the ball too much and don't allow the defense to get rested and they seem incapable of doing anything offensively during the 3rd quarter. Now injuries to our TE's, WR's and DB's are killing us and McKenzie can't seem to figure out that teams are going to use pick plays against him until he figures out that he can't let his own teammate knock him off the play, oh yeah and that he has to tackle too. One tackle from behind is not a game. Not to mention the question of: did we even have any linebackers playing Sunday? Don't get me wrong, cause I still love my Saints but unless some things change we will be watching the playoffs from home again and will have won just enough games to put us in position to not be able to get the talent we still need in the draft. You're not going to get a Marques Colston in the draft every year. We better hope Stallworth signs an extension with Philly cause we're desparately going to need that extra 3rd round pick. I personally am going to get off the playoff bandwagon and just go back to watching the games for the excitement and positive plays that we do make from week to week.

But you KNEW this team had holes since before training camp. My only question is will we have a chance in the 4th quarter? I think you have to agree it's "yes". The entire league is beginning to wear down this time of year. (upset games and busted plays are coming) But I kinda agree that this is not a team that will ever walk out and say "WE'RE NUMBA 1!!!" ... more like "we were better than you today."

What the heck did Joey Porter and Cower think they saw as a game plan for the Saints. Maybe it was that the run defense will wear down late in the game. Maybe it was that Reggie, Carney, Copper and the ref's would all make crucial mistakes. I dunno, but this is a Saints team we can be proud of and like you say: "enjoy watching"

Injuries to our TE's and WR's are killing us? I didn't notice considering we have the number 1 Offense in the league.

As for our DB's. Craft and MM ran into each other on one play. Other then that MM shut his side of the field down all day. Played very well. We will have Fred back this week so you won't have to see Craft get burnt every other play.

We lost a tough game and everyone can agree we gave them the game in the end with critical mistakes. All that can be fixed by next week. Stay positive.

Carolina didn't impress me at all last night. With the way Tampa Bay was playing, if Carolina was so great that game wouldn't even have been close. It was pretty much a 7 point game the whole way. Smith's touchdown right at the end made the score look better.

I agree with all - the Panthers are not looking like a very good team, but the media will still put them in the SB.
My question is - why does it seem that everyone always wants that team to win the NFC South and represent in the SB? I just don't get it.

Because they've done it once recently and came within a game again last year... That's the ONLY logic, at this point.

Carolina didn't impress me at all last night. With the way Tampa Bay was playing, if Carolina was so great that game wouldn't even have been close. It was pretty much a 7 point game the whole way. Smith's touchdown right at the end made the score look better.

Exactly what I thought.....two weeks ago the Saints beat the Bucs (in Tampa) 31-14. The Bucs were only in that game for about 10 minutes in the second quarter. The Saints dominated the rest of that game, even leaving points on the field by kneeling in the redzone to kill the clock.

The Panthers (at home no less) beat the Bucs 24-10. The Bucs controlled the entire first half and weren't really out of the game until the fourth quarter. The Bucs moved the ball easily, just kept making mistakes to keep the Panthers in the game. The Bucs also (for some strange reason) kept single covering Steve Smith...? The Panthers D looks just as suspect as the Saints and their Offense is based entirely on the health of Steve Smith. Yet the Saints are the team that won't make the playoffs, have holes, and are one dimensional according to the "experts".........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom