If you were Colston, would you hold out next year? (1 Viewer)

I'm under the impression that most athletes follow the lead of their agents on this type of thing. Maybe it’s a cliché but I picture these guys manipulating even the most honorable athlete. I don’t know MC’s background but let’s face it, many NFL players aren’t coming from a middle class suburban background and might be more prone to succumb to the allure of instant riches.

That being said, I tend to believe what I read about him (smart, humble, etc) and would expect him to deal in good faith.

With guys like Drew Brees and Jammal Brown paying for the O-Line to follow them to Hawaii, it would be a nice gesture to see the better paid offensive guys chip in their bonus to Colston.

I think it's probably good bet Drew Brees will get him something nice as a gesture. And honestly I wouldn't be suprised if Joe Horn gets Colston a little something too.

Colston will be taken care of, no doubt.

Excellent point about Clayton.

Not really.

Clayton was already a high draft pick, making boatloads of money. Colston is making about $5 per hour. Although he might not do it, it would be wise for him to push for a new contract as soon as he's eligible. Playing out such a small contract just exposes him to injury.

Also, Clayton has played with a bunch of different quarterbacks. If we bring back Aaron Brooks next year, what kind of numbers do you think Colston will put up?

I've said it before on the board, but it's a risk/reward balancing act. If you want to sign premiere talent at under-market prices, the team has to assume some risk...i.e., signing the player before he has leverage.

I'd do the same thing with Jahri Evans.

Colston wouldn't do that, he is too good of a guy. He seemslike someone who doesnt take it for granted and doesnt play it just for money

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom