If You Were to Add Someone to the Ring of Honor (Not Named Brees or Payton) Who Would It Be? (1 Viewer)

Who Would You Add to the Ring of Honor?

• HC - Jim Mora (1986-1996)

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • QB - Bobby Hebert (1985-1992)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB - Deuce McAllister (2001-2009)

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • WR - Marques Colston (2006-2015)

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • WR - Joe Horn (2000-2006)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • TE - Hoby Brenner (1981-1993)

• OG - Jahri Evans (2006-2016)

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • DE - Will Smith (2004-2013)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • LB - Sam Mills (1986-1994)

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • LB - Pat Swilling (1986-1992)

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • LB - Vaughn Johnson (1986-1993)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • LB - Jonathan Vilma (2008-2013)

• P - Thomas Morstead (2009-Present)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • ST - Steve Gleason (2000-2006)

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • GM - Mickey Loomis (2002-Present)

• Other/Tacoes (Explain Below)

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • No One (Besides Brees and Payton)

• Total voters

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Who would you have inducted into the Ring of Honor if you could? Reminder the Ring of Honor is the highest award in the Saints organization. Only 5 people (QB - Archie Manning, OT - Willie Roaf, LB - Rickey Jackson, K - Morten Anderson, Owner - Tom Benson) have been inducted into the Ring of Honor.

Between Gleason and Swilling to me. How about both.

[CHAT=][/CHAT]Jim Mora. He made the Saints a respectable team. If we had an OC other than Carl Smith, I believe we would have won a Superbowl.

[CHAT=][/CHAT]Jim Mora. He made the Saints a respectable team. If we had an OC other than Carl Smith, I believe we would have won a Superbowl.
Isn't Smith still coaching? When I was a kid my mom would curse him every time we ran on second and long.

I would also say Mora. Before Payton, he was the first architect of the franchise.
I sorta see it like Mora make the Saints a regional phenomenon and Payton turned it into a national brand.

If active personnel are eligible, it’s Loomis - and it’s not even close. IMO.

Presuming Brees and Payton are already there.

Went with Deuce. Wouldn't mind Evans, Colston, and Mora as well. Couldn't we somehow just put the Dome Patrol in as a unit? All 4 of those guys were special in their specific tasks. Mills hopefully will soon be a HOFer, Swilling was a terror while here, and Johnson is just all around under appreciated as a tackling machine. Together they were the best unit ever in football history. Is that not worthy of a special honor?

I think the Dome Patrol should go in as a group. I also think Jim Finks should be on that list. He masterminded the second best roster in the NFL for close to a decade.

Where is Aaron Brooks? First QB to help lead the Saints to the playoffs AND win a playoff game? 2nd best Saints QB?

And obviously the rest of the Dome Patrol, Finks, and Mora. That run between '87 - '93 gets overlooked. No losing seasons in that seven year stretch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom