If You Were to Add Someone to the Ring of Honor (Not Named Brees or Payton) Who Would It Be? (1 Viewer)

Who Would You Add to the Ring of Honor?

• HC - Jim Mora (1986-1996)

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • QB - Bobby Hebert (1985-1992)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB - Deuce McAllister (2001-2009)

Votes: 36 21.4%
  • WR - Marques Colston (2006-2015)

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • WR - Joe Horn (2000-2006)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • TE - Hoby Brenner (1981-1993)

• OG - Jahri Evans (2006-2016)

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • DE - Will Smith (2004-2013)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • LB - Sam Mills (1986-1994)

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • LB - Pat Swilling (1986-1992)

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • LB - Vaughn Johnson (1986-1993)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • LB - Jonathan Vilma (2008-2013)

• P - Thomas Morstead (2009-Present)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • ST - Steve Gleason (2000-2006)

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • GM - Mickey Loomis (2002-Present)

• Other/Tacoes (Explain Below)

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • No One (Besides Brees and Payton)

• Total voters
Gleason and it's not even close to me. I'd almost put Gleason ahead of Brees. That play changed the attitude of the entire city and may have been the catalyst for the Saints actually being a successful team into the future.

I voted Gleason. After the fact I could have easily voted for Deuce. And yes, Jim Finks' name should at least be on the list, if not the choice.

At some point down the line, the names Jim Henderson and Jerry Romig might come in to play as well.

Where is Aaron Brooks? First QB to help lead the Saints to the playoffs AND win a playoff game? 2nd best Saints QB?

And obviously the rest of the Dome Patrol, Finks, and Mora. That run between '87 - '93 gets overlooked. No losing seasons in that seven year stretch.

You mean the guy who would throw 3 interceptions and go to the sidelines and smile and giggle like a little schoolgirl? no freaking thx.

[CHAT=][/CHAT]Jim Mora. He made the Saints a respectable team. If we had an OC other than Carl Smith, I believe we would have won a Superbowl.
You know... Jim Mora was responsible for the conservative play calling right? He'd make Carl run run run punt and play prevent defense. That is all on Mora.

I think the Dome Patrol should go in as a group. I also think Jim Finks should be on that list. He masterminded the second best roster in the NFL for close to a decade.

This is an excellent suggestion.

57 53 - The Dome Patrol - 51 56

or

...........The Dome Patrol..........
Jackson Johnson Mills Swilling

Enabling multiple picks would have been the way to go on this poll.
While I don't believe it's a great idea for a franchise to honor every excelling player who has suited up for New Orleans, I do believe we have had a few (albeit a small number) exceptional people attached to the organization who should be honored that way. Obviously as you noted, it's just a matter of time before Brees and Payton will have their spot. When that happens... well.... I can already feel a 'misty moment' associated with that reveal. :9:

Swilling. His stats are up there with pro football hall of famers pro bowls, all pros, 100+ Sacks, nfl defensive player of the year.

Isn’t every current member of the ring also in the NFL Hall of Fame, other than Archie? High bar to clear...

Benson - Loomis - Jahri Evans in that order

Why Finks, Benson and A. Brooks are not on the list is a travesty. A scandal much bigger than BountyGate

After Jackson, the remainder of the Dome Patrol is all about equal.
Colston and Mora seem like the next best bet for inclusion. When all said and done, Cam Jordan will be honored as well. Clearly one, if not the best, defensive lineman to have played for us. (I said this believing that Wilks and Warren were severely underrated for us). I ultimately went with Colston because he was an "all pro" and an unsung hero of the team when he was here The man was clutch every game.

----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom