If your a D-Coordinator...how do you stop Breesus? (1 Viewer)

Haynesworth wrecked our interior line when we played Tennessee last. We face him again this year with Washington.

In the first falcons game and the last bucs game of last year they jammed the receivers at the the line alot throwing off Brees's rhythm. That seemed pretty effective. I'am actually surprised more teams don't do that.

Haynesworth wrecked our interior line when we played Tennessee last. We face him again this year with Washington.

Fortunately, having gotten his contract, he hasn't done jack in Washington and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

As an extremely simplistic answer, I'd alternate between bringing the house, and dropping 8 back into coverage.

Of course, Brees would still score on me. Because he's Brees.

As far as a team or as a defense?

Whole team and defense. Wouldn't be suprised if it really is a top 10 defense, but it's not the best in the NFL and won't be the best we face I don't think.

If your a D-Coordinator...how do you stop Breesus?

Well.... You can have him kidnapped and flown to a secret island near Bora Bora where there are NO footballs.

Cause if he found any, he'd still probably torch your team, even from that little island hideaway..

He might even do it with coconuts. So, no trees either. Or conch shells. Or puffer fish.

Okay, so maybe you kidnap him and put him in a box. A strong box. With like, chains and such around it. And holes small enough that a football can't be squeezed through'em.

But that's about it.

Last edited:
Whole team and defense. Wouldn't be suprised if it really is a top 10 defense, but it's not the best in the NFL and won't be the best we face I don't think.

I agree that the Giants maybe our biggest test as far as talent/scheme/success that we face at that time; however the Jets make me worried.

While I think the Bills have a lot more talent than people give them credit for, I do not like their defensive scheme. I think Rex is the type of coach that is always trying to prove something...that he is smart, that his team is tougher, that he can be a legit head coach. I think he will not back down from bringing the house and with his success against Brady, I do not see him doing anything differently against us, but I have over a week to worry about that.

For everything a Defense does well, there is a counter Offensive move on this team.
Shot guns, screens, designed roll-outs...we have it all. No matter
what they throw at this team it will not work for very long. Which
brings up a point, the Saints have been very good
at half-time adjustments this year.

---------------------------------------------
image.php

Dude, c'mon.. Seriously. I know you wrote something, but I have NO idea what it was.

Dude, c'mon.. Seriously. I know you wrote something, but I have NO idea what it was.

I know. Every time I see that sig I keep thinking there is some covert message he's trying to express. I think it has something to do with gravity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom