If you're LESS THAN EXCITED about RR... give a shout out (1 Viewer)

I believe that Rob Ryan will do a decent job as D-Coord. But there are also those of you who aren't yet SOLD on his credentials and ability.

If you are one who says "meh" :yawn: for RR, I have no doubt that you wouldn't mind being wrong should he brings a successful defense to the Saints.

But given all the news and less than glowing reports from various sources, what are your main concerns about him?

:gosaints:

If he doesn't get better payers this defense will be a bad one. It may change around the edges but it will be the worst in the league or close to it until the talent is upgraded a lot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Define successful defense. I think a fewb posters on this board can go handle the play calling and put up slightly better defensive numbers then Spags did.

Well this about this time last year, how many on this board were in love with the hiring of Spags?

At this point frankly, we as fans need to either get over the fact that we didn't hire the DC; who in our expert fan analysis was the best available. Ryan's here to get this team playing some aggressive defense. Which as we saw in 2009, is the perfect counterpart to our high powered offense.

Heck, if our defense plays even to what dallas had last year, the city will probably be rockin' around this time in 2014.

Sean got to watch his work closely in Dallas this past year. And one thing Rob Ryan was good at was getting young players and backups to play aggressively.

The Cowboys offense has to be the most aggravating offense for their defense. That team must have the lowest points scored to most yards gained ratio.

One thing I will say, for a guy who's supposed to be an attention-seeking big mouth there's not much video evidence of it on youtube. I can hardly even find an interview with him. Maybe it's just his sideline antics, hair, his brother and his gut that got him the reputation?

:idunno:

This is what I'm noticing. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right places, but this "ego" talk seems to be more guilt by association (Rex) and his hair. I watched a few Cowgirl games (had to; brother-in-law), and rarely saw him acting up on the sidelines. They did go out of their way to show him in a lot of shots, though. I'm excited about this hire and hope we regain the 3G swagger without the 3G presence...

Define successful defense. I think a fewb posters on this board can go handle the play calling and put up slightly better defensive numbers then Spags did.

I think a successful defense would be one that gets off the field on third down no matter what the distance is. Quit giving the edge up for long runs and one that can preserve a lead or set us up to demolish a team with our offense. Above all one that can tackle and put some fear in opposing teams offense. The back end same thing but don't give up a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 2 or at any time and hold on to interceptions none of our db's can catch at all. Fix that and we have a chance and that would be a successful defense imho.

Just hoping for the best....while I know the Dome Patrol II is out of the relm of possibility...I'd be happy with an inkling of it ....

I'm more excited about the scheme change than who will be coaching the Defense....I was going to support whoever we brought in.

I am happy that Payton made dramatic changes to the defense, including moving to the 3-4. As far as defensive coordinators, I don't know who was available who would have been better than Ryan. My concerns with Ryan are that he has been the defensive coordinator on three different teams over nine seasons, but only had one top ten defense. In my opinion, that is pretty bad. I also do not like his false bravado big mouth. It has been much reported about his "out of work for five minutes" comment. It hasn't been mentioned, but he said a similar thing in Oakland when reporters were asking him about his job security.
I will feel better about the defense if we cut Roman Harper and make smart personnel moves on defense.

I'm already on record as being wrong. I was sure Payton would hire a low key type that he could keep under his thumb.

But I've come to realize that it's mostly Rex Ryan that I find distasteful. Other than Rob having the same DNA, I really don't know why I dislike the guy. Having twin grandsons, I should know by now that even identicals can have totally different personalities, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

We don't need the second coming of the Dome Patrol, just a decent defense that can hold an opponent to about 24 pts. If he can deliver that I'll buy him dinner at Galatoire's.

i'm so excited to have SP back next season and after the horrific defensive season we just had, we could have hired jim mora jr and I would still be ecstatic.

Well the D can't be any worse but I, personally, think that he will do just fine and the defense will be an improved unit. As for his "mouth" and "media attention", I would much rather hear him spouting off and never...ever...hear the word "bounty" ever again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom