If........ (1 Viewer)

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The Saints Dallas, and Seahawks finish with exactly the same record.....say, 11&5.....then THE HEAD TO HEAD RESULT is considered SECOND, AND the CONFERENCE RECORD is considered first.... right??.....after all we lost a playoff berth 3 years ago on that very same rule....right?!

No, head-to-head is first tiebreaker...

We lost 3 years ago because a dumb way of solving tiebreakers. We beat the Rams, who beat the Vikings, who beat us or something, so they threw that out and went to conference record in which the Rams were best...

Then they went back to head-to-head and we lost to MIN... Stupid to start over at the beginning was the reason that some were upset...

No, head-to-head is first tiebreaker...

We lost 3 years ago because a dumb way of solving tiebreakers. We beat the Rams, who beat the Vikings, who beat us or something, so they threw that out and went to conference record in which the Rams were best...

Then they went back to head-to-head and we lost to MIN... Stupid to start over at the beginning was the reason that some were upset...

I don't think they went back to Head to head to decide that.

What happened was the Rams and Minny hadn't played each other. That negated head to head all the way around. Then we went to conf record, and we had the worst outa the 3. Bam, were outa the playoffs.

As for the original question, it will be conference record since we never played the Seahawks. We will win that btw if we end up 11-5.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/2004/regular

No, we had a better conference record than MIN, but we lost to them and it restarts. Most people didn't understand why they'd be in over us with us having a better conference record...

I remember Haslett was really upset about the tiebreaking procedure, as were many of us...

I don't think they went back to Head to head to decide that.

What happened was the Rams and Minny hadn't played each other. That negated head to head all the way around. Then we went to conf record, and we had the worst outa the 3. Bam, were outa the playoffs.

As for the original question, it will be conference record since we never played the Seahawks. We will win that btw if we end up 11-5.

That's exactly as I expected!....head to head is thrown out when 3 teams of DIFFERENT DIVISIONS ARE HAVING THE SAME RECORD!

http://www.nfl.com/standings/2004/regular

No, we had a better conference record than MIN, but we lost to them and it restarts. Most people didn't understand why they'd be in over us with us having a better conference record...

I remember Haslett was really upset about the tiebreaking procedure, as were many of us...

Ok cool. I was pretty confused that year. So much emotion. Sigh.

If we go 11-5 we will be the number 2 seed. You can pretty much bank on it.

Ok cool. I was pretty confused that year. So much emotion. Sigh.

here's another one.....this year the "common opponents" are considered in a tie-breaker....or so I heard on Sirius NFL Radio.....what exactly that means, I don't really know, maybe you know when is applied, if in case all 3 teams have the same record...11&5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom