I'll Give Teddy the Benefit of the Doubt For Right Now (1 Viewer)

I thought Teddy looked decent at times. If we really want to look at the positives, it could have been much, much worse. At least he didn't throw 4 interceptions. It was obvious that he and the receivers had absolutely no chemistry. I think he'll improve slightly with a full week of work as the starter, but regardless, I think we are an average team with him at QB.

The good news is that all we have to be is average for 6 more weeks. If we can somehow win 3 of the next 6 games, we should still have a shot. I think in order for us to contend, we have to get our running game going. Our secondary also has to tighten up. I hate to say it, but we need this defense now more than ever.

Teddy has his shot against Seattle to win everyone over. If he goes into CenturyLink Field and gets a victory, this will be his team as long as Drew is out.

If Teddy plays like he did today next Sunday though, I want Taysom Hill to start against the Cowboys.

Troy Aikman made a great point today. You can't compare Taysom Hill to Steve Young, a Hall of Famer, and then not give him a shot when something like this happens.

This. Teddy has a chance to get paid by someone else next year or play for NFL peanuts as a backup somewhere else next year based on this upcoming game vs Seattle. If he stinks again, It is Taysom time.

The team didn't help him out today. Too many penalties, poor tackling by the defense, and our offensive line just got whipped. But going forward, he'd better get it together.

A lot of the offensive line problems were caused by teddy. He moved out of the pocket instead of in it and held the ball too long, both of which caused holds and sacks.

On top of those problems, Teddy was inaccurate, lacked touch on his passes (even MT had a drop), stared down his WR, and made bad decisions. That was a very bad game for him

This is the Teddy Bridgewater show, we will gameplan for him this is his time to shine!! I am behind him 10000%! Sprinkle lots of Taysom in and we can make it.

I am also willing to give Teddy another spin as starter. i thought he looked OK the first couple series, but once your'e behind the chains, it seems unsurmountable. we certainly need to run the ball better. of course teams will continue to crowd the line and dare him to throw it deep, until he can prove them wrong.

i have always thought Taysom looked like the better QB in preseason snaps. it does seem to come down to confidence and decisiveness. of course he was playing against the 3s.

I'm confused to where all this faith in Bridgewater comes from...

His best year - 14 TDs/9INTs/3200yards/65%comp he most handed to Adrian Peterson and relied on the defense.

I'm confused to where all this faith in Bridgewater comes from...

His best year - 14 TDs/9INTs/3200yards/65%comp he most handed to Adrian Peterson and relied on the defense.

I will take this for next 6 weeks!! No turnovers and we can win more then 50%

I'm willing to give Teddy a week before I start calling for his head for this reason. If we score single digits vs. SEA after Payton has drawn up a game plan specifically catering to Teddy as QB and Teddy has logged a full week of practicing with the starters, then that's a big problem.

Hopefully the game planning and reps with the starters this week help Teddy's game. We need him to step up while Brees is out or we're done for the season just 2 games in.

Lets see how he looks in a game-plan that is tailored to his strengths.
Defense needs to hold it down for more than 2 quarters a game. No excuse for how bad that secondary played late in the game.
Davenport and Jordan were living in Goffs face and we should have had multiple picks, not giving up 2nd and 20...

Bridgewater has been here for a full season, played in game 17 last year, had an entire training camp, QBd the team most of the preseason and had 3/4 of a game yesterday and I have not seen 1 inkling of what I would consider a guy to hold us over for 6 weeks. If Payton lets Bridgewater go all 6 weeks, we will have to pray to win 2 of the next 6. And if you cant score a TD, I don't know how we are going to manage 2 wins.

He is indecisive. Scared to let the ball fly. Lacks confidence to throw into tight spots. Lacks accuracy. Stares receivers down. Doesn't know how to work in a pocket and gets flustered rather easily. Holds the ball too long. Has poor leadership mannerisms.

On top of that, you hold onto the ball for forever and a day, eventually someone is going to have to hold to prevent you from being part of the turf.

Flip side, maybe Taysom gets too confident and throws a few picks. I have no issue with that. At least the guy provides a spark and will at least look like he is trying to win a game.

People have made every excuse in the book for Bridgewater. It was a meaningless game, it was preseason, he wasn't playing with the full starters, it wasn't his gameplan, he hasn't played in a while, etc etc.

He just isn't the guy. He doesn't have it. I just hope Payton lets Bridgewater play long enough to where he isn't effective against Seattle and the game is still close and brings in Hill and we see a spark.

Id rather die on my feet (Hill) than live on my knees (Bridgewater).

The one word that I would use to describe Bridgewater today is indecisive. He holds the ball too long, he doesn’t step up into the pocket, he is very slow in his progressions. The most obvious was on the play when he scrambled. He had a first down if he ran when he first thought about it but he hesitated and got stopped short . He stared at Kamara every time he threw to him, drawing all the defenders to him.
Life after Brees is going to be painful.
Teddy had all day long to make throws at times but never did anything with it. The whole day he looked like he was way over his head. The reason he chose to stay here instead of taking a starting job elsewhere is becoming abundantly clear to me. He lacks confidence in himself and I think he's avoiding disappointing another team at the moment.

On top of that, I don't think he knows the playbook at all. The command we enjoyed under Brees was completely voided today. Given how fluid our offense is, we're stuck with what we have. This whole offense was designed on the Payton / Brees genius. Our offense without Brees is like trying to speed down a winding road without power steering.
A lot of the offensive line problems were caused by teddy. He moved out of the pocket instead of in it and held the ball too long, both of which caused holds and sacks.

On top of those problems, Teddy was inaccurate, lacked touch on his passes (even MT had a drop), stared down his WR, and made bad decisions. That was a very bad game for him

I would add that Teddy didn't appear to be seeing the left side of the field very well. He has to use all the field. Here is his Next Gen chart:

pass-chart_BRI129168_2019-reg-2_1568591631795.jpeg

But I think Coach has to give Teddy at least a whole week of game prep with the 1s. Beating the Seahawks in Seattle is something even Drew has a problem doing. To be honest, I'm more worried about a run game the next few weeks than Teddy or Taysom starting at QB.

I will take this for next 6 weeks!! No turnovers and we can win more then 50%
No turnovers?

If you apply the average over 6 weeks it's: 5TDS/3INTS

We aren't gonna win any of those 6 games if he only throws 5 tds.

His best year he mostly just handed it to AP.

People are talking about establishing a game plan that plays to TB’s strengths. Didn’t we try to do that in preseason? I just don’t see any strengths.
Our only hope is that somehow the running game and the defense can carry the team. I just don’t see that happening based on how the secondary has played the last 2 games. Plus, DA played only 2 linebackers most of the game: Klein and Davis. Klein’s lack of speed was obvious every time the Rams ran to the outside.

People are talking about establishing a game plan that plays to TB’s strengths. Didn’t we try to do that in preseason?
Teams don't gameplan, as such, in the preseason. That is one of the reasons that preseason is so meaningless. Preseason is about choosing players and plays are called to see how they handle certain situations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom