I'll probably get seriously flamed for this but... (1 Viewer)

I feel the same way, stevedrum. However, I guess it's just a congnitive response; trying to temper the Saints success in my mind. I'm always optimistic about our chances, but at the same time I'm afraid to get too carried away.

Still, while the Falcons had a chance to make the game close, even that wide-open drop in the 4th wouldn't have given them the lead. We played very well in the redzone on both sides of the ball for once. That is why we won. Had Atlanta made it a one-point game, or had they kept it close all game, who is to say we wouldn't have responded with more scoring drives of our own? We certainly have big-play ability and Brees has shown that he is more than capable of responding in pressure situations.

The Falcons didn't turn the ball over and hand us the game. We stopped them on defense and scored 31 on them.

I was thinking the same thing Steve. Its great to have the other than a few good plays by the saints that game could have easily slipped in favor of the birds.

I am not a big "what if" person but I never felt like the saints owned that game until about 4 minutes left. The birds put a whole different defense on the saints than they saw so far this season and it appeared to be working. Everytime Brees threw a pass I was fearing an interception and yes brees lucked out twice.

Craft played well early but if not for a dropped pass the birds would have tied that game early in the 4th and given momentum all to Atlanta. Its hard to say the saints offense was inept with 31 points but the truth is they never looked to be in sync after the first qtr.

Overall, Thank the lord we got the win and are 7-4. Now hopefully the saints can play with some swagger again.

If we had lost this guy would have said," I told you so." Sound like somebody is trying to indirectly climb back on the wagon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom