I'll probably get seriously flamed for this but... (1 Viewer)

stevedrum

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I believe the Saints were very fortunate to win that game today.

Don't get me wrong nobody is happier than me that we won that game but I really think we were fortunate to win.

Look at all the dropped balls the Falcons had and the redzone apperances where they didn't get TD's.

Had they caught all those dropped balls and scored TD's in the redzone I believe it would have been a different game.

They didn't though so I guess it doesn't matter.

Sure, and it was just bad luck that cost us the Pittsburgh and Cinncy games! We're really 8-3 (minus 1 plus 2)

But unfourtantly the NFL doesn't work that way

It's weird. A team's WR's suck and drops balls and a team struggles in the red zone and somehow that's not "their fault" and we're "fourtante to win".

Crappy WR's and an offense which struggles in the redzone is as much a part of the game as a leaky O-line and no pass-rush :rolleyes:

kinda like, if we didnt have all those turnovers in those games we lost, we could have won.

kinda like, if we didnt have all those turnovers in those games we lost, we could have won.

Precisely. You're essentially saying "well if they/we played perfect they/we would have won"

duh

But no team does. Most have flaws. Some have critical flaws. Overcoming them or minimizing them is the key to success in the NFL.

We'd be undefeated if we outscored our opponents on four more occasions than we have thus far!

It's weird. A team's WR's suck and drops balls and a team struggles in the red zone and somehow that's not "their fault" and we're "fourtante to win".

Crappy WR's and an offense which struggles in the redzone is as much a part of the game as a leaky O-line and no pass-rush :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that it's gonna wind up biting us in the butt if we play a team that catches those passes and scores in the redzone.

Weather you want to believe it or not our defense got a lot of help today.

We stopped them cold in the redzone. That was us. Had nothing to do with us being lucky. We stepped up and stopped them. As for the dropped passes, I only saw two that were really bad drops. The other 2 or 3 where rifles thrown in bad spots (but still technically catchable).

I think the point is that we didn't play a great game today. The good part about that is that sometimes you have to be able to win even when you're not at your best. We did that today.

Sure, the Falcons played as bad as the Saints played well. Both factor into the outcome. Still, the Falcons just didn't show any real ability to get the ball in the endzone on the chances they had so had a couple of drives stayed alive for them, I can't conclude that the outcome of the game would have been drastically different. Possibly, sure, but it would have meant they capitalized on those drives that ended on drops differently from how they did when they actually had themselves in scoring position.

We stopped them cold in the redzone. That was us. Had nothing to do with us being lucky. We stepped up and stopped them. As for the dropped passes, I only saw two that were really bad drops. The other 2 or 3 where rifles thrown in bad spots (but still technically catchable).

I agree that we stopped them in the redzone that was great D.

I'm just saying that it's gonna wind up biting us in the butt if we play a team that catches those passes and scores in the redzone.

Weather you want to believe it or not our defense got a lot of help today.

Every game has its own dynamics. We don't play another game where their QB puts that much pressure on the defense with his legs as Vick does. Enjoy the win, why not at least give it 24 hours before looking for negatives. :shrug:

Sure, the Falcons played as bad as the Saints played well. Both factor into the outcome. Still, the Falcons just didn't show any real ability to get the ball in the endzone on the chances they had so had a couple of drives stayed alive for them, I can't conclude that the outcome of the game would have been drastically different. Possibly, sure, but it would have meant they capitalized on those drives that ended on drops differently from how they did when they actually had themselves in scoring position.

Great post, I see the error of my ways.

It's true our D stopped them when it counted.

Geez I gotta stop looking at things so negatively.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom