I'm 50% plumber (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The 50% that shows crack.

I've had this slow draining bathroom sink forever it seems like. I snaked it a month or 2 ago and got it flowing good but that was short lived. Back to draining slow again. I'm a do it yourself kinda person....read that as cheap. I snaked it again tonight and definitely ran the snake into something but sink is still slow draining. I have 2 theories on why I can't get it to drain. There's 2 corners close together about 20' in that I have trouble getting the snake through. I'm thinking either 1 of those corners is my snake going up the vent and my other guess is I've pushed the clog down further and my snake won't reach it. I can eventually get around those 2 corners and get all 25' of snake in there...just can't get it to clear. Any tips or tricks you guys have?

Did you get down underneath and disconnect the trap and really scrub the whole line from the stopper into the wall?

When our master sink gets slow (wife’s hair) I find that’s the only effective way of clearing it. Snake doesn’t get the job done.

Yeah...the trap is good to go. I replaced all that the last time which was only a month or so ago.

Is it draining slow or not at all? Its possible vent pipe is clogged with junk.
It's just slow. Last time I ran the snake down the vent so it's clear. There's 2 spots about a foot apart where I'm hitting two 90's I think. I'm wondering if that 2nd one is the snake going into the vent stack. It's alot tougher to get the snake past that 2nd one. I've ran that snake in there 50 times I bet and except for the first time it comes out pretty much clean every time. I'm gonna stay after it. I wish I could get my 50' half inch snake down there but I can't get it past the first 90 at all.

I got this from Harbor Freight a few years ago.
We had a slow moving drain in the shower and I hate having my feet covered in the water I just showered off of me.
Yeah, I know....weird.

Anywho, the point is.....I used this tool for several minutes of sucking up the bathwater and pushing it back through the drain.
This was a few years ago. When I first bought it, I wondered if it anything more than junk. Well, the drain has been clear ever since.

1583323279169.png

I got this from Harbor Freight a few years ago.
We had a slow moving drain in the shower and I hate having my feet covered in the water I just showered off of me.
Yeah, I know....weird.

Anywho, the point is.....I used this tool for several minutes of sucking up the bathwater and pushing it back through the drain.
This was a few years ago. When I first bought it, I wondered if it anything more than junk. Well, the drain has been clear ever since.

1583323279169.png

well I have some things to pick up at harbor freight anyway so I guess I’ll be having one of these by weeks end.

I'm now onto a vent issue. Basically I have no idea haha. Going to work on that vent today and get a snake down it. The reason I'm thinking vent now is I poured a pan of hot water into the sink and it immediately didn't drain and air was erupting back up through the water. Almost has to be a vent I'm thinking now.

Yeah...the trap is good to go. I replaced all that the last time which was only a month or so ago.

I'm not really talking about the trap, I'm saying take it off to be able to get a real look at the pipes. If you're clear below the drain, through the trap, and you can clear any blockage on the drain into the wall and it's all good from the parts you can reach with your hand (glove) or a brush or snake - then you've got some significant blockage well into the pipe and that probably needs a plumber.

EDIT - sounds like you've done that. Welp, that's all i got.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom