I'm Coming in Peace....sort of (2 Viewers)

The funny thing about Monsoons is they dont really taste strong, actually they are kinda sweet, and you dont think they are strong, until you have 3 or 4 of them and have trouble getting out of or even finding the door.

Yep, they sneak up and knock you on your ***. :rock:

Just a few for ya

fleur di lis - best breakfast/brunch in the Quarter. on Chartres inbetween Bienville and Conti

Johnny's Po-Boys - great poboys. Try the alligator poboy. On St. Louis inbetween Decatur and Chartres

Red Fish Grill - their BBQ oysters will blow you away. Seriously the best thing you'll have ever eaten. 115 bourbon st.

Yo Mama's - best burgers in the city hands down. On St. Peter in between Royal and Bourbon.

Ali-Baba - when ur drunk and need a quick bite. Grab a Gyro from here and you'll see what I mean. Across the street from Yo Mama's

Also don't just hang on Bourbon the whole time. Check out Frenchmen and the Marigny. The Bi-water has some great spots too. Enjoy!

I think we need to create a Sticky Thread for visiting fans and tourist info including food, drink and shopping information, so we don't have to constantly address these very valid questions we seem to be getting every week now...

For whatever reason, I don't seem to recall getting these many out-of-towner requests in the past...

Yo Mama's is definitely the best for burgers. I haven't tried the peanut butter burger there, but I hear it's outstanding.

Red Fish Grill's BBQ Blue Cheese oysters must have crack in the sauce. They're incredible.

Drago's charbroiled oysters, are, in fact the bomb. Acme's charbroiled oysters are also quite good.

Bacco on Chartres in b/w Bienville and Conti is also fantastic, especially for lunch. Unlimited 10 cent martinis and a two course housemade pasta special for $15. Their fried oyster fettucine is incredible, and I think they have the best BBQ shrimp in town.

Vincent's, which is uptown, has great deals and very high quality Italian cuisine.

My favorite three bars:
Carousel at Hotel Monteleone (for a classier downtown experience)
Columns Hotel Bar on St. Charles (for *THE* classiest experience, and their Sunday brunch is superb)
The Chart Room at Chartres & Bienville (Great atmosphere, awesome bartenders, crazy French Quarter characters, and some of the cheapest drinks in the quarter. Actually rated in the top 100 bars in the nation by Esquire, FWIW.)

Hope all this helps.

I have a feeling this dude is going to get wasted, puke on himself, spend lots of money, and love every minute of it.

All of this food talk makes me wish I was at home an not in Iraq. I can't wait untill next football season to go to a game an eat good ole Louisiana food.

We wish you were home too. Thanks for your service so we can enjoy our freedoms!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom