I'm Coming in Peace....sort of (2 Viewers)

MAYBE if some of you would post on the panthers board you would know what im talking about.

If they know you are a saints fan, and you ask if its ranning outside they will give you a way worse answer then the 1 I just posted to him.

So you complain about them then act just like them?

For food, sandwiches at Cafe Masperos across the st. from Jax Brewery on Decatur. Get charbroiled oysters from Dragos. Go upstairs at BBCs (Bourbon Blues Co.) to get 3 for 1 drink specials at all times of day and night. Other places have 3 for 1 at certain times throughout the day, but shutdown the specials at night. BBCs has the special upstairs all day & night.

you have not lived till you've eaten a fried oyster po-boy from "Mothers Restaurant"

Be sure to grab a Muffalata from the central grocery on Decatur street.

I would like to know this as well LOL

I'll bring a case of beer if anyone lets me tail gate with them :D

Theres a place called Allegros w/ bands, music & hot chics outside the dome on Poydras. Then about an hour before the game, walk up to the bud bridge for bands and beer. People are all over cooking, eating, drinking, etc...most are very friendly. You may receive some lite ribbing, but thats expected. I know we always offer bbq & whatever else we have to visiting team fans when they walk bye.

...Go upstairs at BBCs (Bourbon Blues Co.) to get 3 for 1 drink specials at all times of day and night. Other places have 3 for 1 at certain times throughout the day, but shutdown the specials at night. BBCs has the special upstairs all day & night.

Was at BBCs Saturday night (upstairs) and was surprised @ the 3fer1 deal (I don't get downtown much).

I'd stick with mixed drinks there though... The beer moves through there so fast that it never gets a chance to cool down. I think the shed/storage area they took it from was hotter than the interior of the bar because the beer actually seemed 'warmer' than room temperature :covermyeyes:

Mixed drinks come in a big 32oz cup though and are well worth making the trip upstairs.

It's been awhile since I've gone downtown, but we had a blast.

What???

I see the saints 4-0 record has filled the bandwagon with more morons than usualy.

But listen, i'm not here to troll. You guys have a heckuva team.

I just want to know where to eat when I come down.

Deanie's.... but don't wear any kitty regalia in there. Yer libel to get killed. :ezbill:

Johnny's Po-Boys - great poboys. Try the alligator poboy. On St. Louis inbetween Decatur and Chartres

Red Fish Grill - their BBQ oysters will blow you away. Seriously the best thing you'll have ever eaten. 115 bourbon st.

Yo Mama's - best burgers in the city hands down. On St. Peter in between Royal and Bourbon.

Also don't just hang on Bourbon the whole time. Check out Frenchmen and the Marigny. The Bi-water has some great spots too. Enjoy!
:plus-un2: x 100 to these.

Yo Mama's has the BEST burgers in the quarter, AND the largest tequila selection.

Drago's also has the best Chargrilled Oysters. I hate oysters, but I love me some Dragos. (Red Fish grill is great too, I just havent tried their oysters)

Get the Judge Bosetta poboy at Johnny's - hot sausage, italian sausage, ground beef, and swiss!

Of course Cafe DuMonde for beignets...

As for drinking: Do tropical isle, get the handgrenade... but then hit up some of the other hole in the wall local joints. New Orleans is the birthplace of the cocktail, so venture out and find you some good mixed drinks (and save room for a Bloody Mary in the dome)

And for more "gentlemenly" pursuits: Pay the extra money to get into a Larry Flynt club... the random strip clubs usually have a lower cover for a reason... thats just in my experience though, which I'm sure is far more limited when compared to some other posters on here :p

Miss Mae's is also the bomb. I can never remember exactly where it is (Napoleon, I think), but it's prolly the best dive bar in town. $1 drinks, all the time? Pool tables? Foozeball? Hell yes.

Also, Rick's blows all other strip joints away. Most comfy chairs in the quarter.

:pUKE1:with all the food and drink these guys are going to have, they may want to try a triple by-pass at Mercy Hospital when all is said and done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom