I'm Coming in Peace....sort of (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
November 8th for the Panthers Saints game i'm bringing four rowdy, ruthless, relentless panther fans to the dome................................

OK thats an exageration, were just coming for the food, party and hopefully a good game.

I need recomendations of what to do on bourbon street, where to eat and what to see.

All input is appreciated and I look forward to seeing the dome and tailgaiting with anyone that accepts 4 opposing team fans.

Thanks,

I don't live in New Orleans, so I can't give you a ton of recommendations. I will say that you should get outta the French Quarter and hit some of the bars and restaurants in the Marigny, as well as along St. Charles heading toward Tulane. The French Quarter, while fun, can be a pretty bad tourist trap. With the exception of a couple of restaurants, the Quarter has horrible excuses for Cajun/Creole food and is only a good place to get drunk and see boobs. NTTAWWT.

Hope you have a good trip down. I lived in Raleigh-Durham the last three seasons and went down to Charlotte for the Saints-Panthers game each year. The Panthers fans were some of the nicest, most friendly opposing fans I've ever met. Not particularly loud, and they're prone to not show up if it's cold or raining or the Panthers aren't winning, but it's a nice stadium, and the tailgating environment, while subdued, is a great social and family experience.

What???

I see the saints 4-0 record has filled the bandwagon with more morons than usualy.

But listen, i'm not here to troll. You guys have a heckuva team.

I just want to know where to eat when I come down.

Dude you can literally go to any restaurant in the Greater NO area, and eat real good... until you have to unbutton your pants to breathe. There are some ridiculously good spots down there... of course you have your well-known spots, but you should really try the smaller ones. The "moms and pops" spots are off the ******** chain!

Have fun on your visit.

What???

I see the saints 4-0 record has filled the bandwagon with more morons than usualy.

But listen, i'm not here to troll. You guys have a heckuva team.

I just want to know where to eat when I come down.
OK then your not the average panther fan.

but have fun in nola!

and goodluck to your team.

Oh, and make sure to get po-boys at Mother's on Poydras St. a few blocks down from the Dome, going toward the river. It's worth the line.

MAYBE if some of you would post on the panthers board you would know what im talking about.

If they know you are a saints fan, and you ask if its ranning outside they will give you a way worse answer then the 1 I just posted to him.

On Bourbon St. go to tropical isle and have a hand grenade or 2. They are the tastiest stiffest drinks I've ever had. Also as was said before, do the Cafe Du Monde thing.

In the Quarter - New Orleans food - Mr. B's Bistro, the Red Fish Grill (try the BBQ Oyster Po Boy), classic Galitoire's, Best website for food although may be a bit overwhelming is

www.nomenu.com , best food critic in New Orleans with complete reviews including pricing and locations, this will guide you on what to order, menu's and get you to book reservations and addresses for mapquest and the sort before hand.

New Orleans has a section within walking distance/ short cab ride of the dome by the French Quarter and then cab ride/street car ride into uptown or garden district New Orleans. Depending on how much money you want to spend and how much time you have the choices are plenty.

Port of Call.

Have a Monsoon or two before the game - you won't regret it (or remember it for that matter).

:17: It is a delicious drink that will demolish your brain cells and make you hot and heated for women. Just make sure they're really women. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom