Im disappointed in the hornets (1 Viewer)

See Hard

Spelling Police
Reaction score
Saturday the Hornets had their open scrimmage in Lafayette at the E.K. Long gym.

After the scrimmage, they pulled raffle tickets and 5 fans got tickets to the home opener and a chance to go meet the team. My friend was one of them along with a couple of dads with their toddlers and some average joes.

When they went over to meet the guys, a bunch of them ran off and only a couple stayed to sign things for the chosen few. My friend said she heard CP3 say as he walked away "Man, I don't have time for this".

It's disappointing when someone who is so revered in our state and communities does something like that. I am no less of a fan. Just a little disappointed that he wasn't the kind of guy I figured he'd be.

On the other hand, Mo-Pete and Downtown Devin Brown are awesome guys from what I heard. They were striking up conversations with fans left and right.

Dude, he needed to get back for the Saints game. It takes 3 hours!!!

The scrimmage was Saturday, not sunday. I heard from and saw pics from one of the UL soccer players, and CP3 hung out with them at the IPF.

I apologize. I thought the sarcasm was going to be easily understood.

why do fans think that athletes owe them anything??

I wouldn't read too much into it. Everyone is entitled to a bad day and you have to figure Paul is bombarded by fans constantly. Sucks that he was not in the mood the day your friend had a chance to meet him, but from all other accounts it seems like he's a really nice guy.

Perhaps he was actually running late for a prior commitment and actually didn't have time for that.

Actually....

The average NFL ticket costs $72. And the game experience, counting parking, food, drinks and other goodies, costs a foursome of fans an average of $396, according to Team Marketing Report, a Chicago-area firm that tracks prices. Where does all that money go?

Stanford University economics professor Roger Noll, who studies the business of sports, provides an estimated breakdown of NFL team profits and expenses as a percentage of revenues:

Player costs (amortized signing bonuses, performance bonuses, salaries, benefits): about 61 percent of revenue.

Team costs (coaches, day-of-game, travel, uniforms, training): about 5 percent.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/10/nfl_tickets_where_does_the_mon.html

This.

It's never good to judge without knowing all the contributing factors.

It's also never good to judge when you're just going off info that someone else told you.

If everyone believed things they heard from various news stations...we'd have a lot of ignorant people talking about politics....oh...

Actually....

The average NFL ticket costs $72. And the game experience, counting parking, food, drinks and other goodies, costs a foursome of fans an average of $396, according to Team Marketing Report, a Chicago-area firm that tracks prices. Where does all that money go?

Stanford University economics professor Roger Noll, who studies the business of sports, provides an estimated breakdown of NFL team profits and expenses as a percentage of revenues:

Player costs (amortized signing bonuses, performance bonuses, salaries, benefits): about 61 percent of revenue.

Team costs (coaches, day-of-game, travel, uniforms, training): about 5 percent.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/10/nfl_tickets_where_does_the_mon.html

no ****, sherlock....that wasn't my point

fans buy tickets and merchandise.....owners pay salaries

you aren't entitled to an autograph because you went to a game and bought a jersey

no ****, sherlock....that wasn't my point

fans buy tickets and merchandise.....owners pay salaries

you aren't entitled to an autograph because you went to a game and bought a jersey
it's just ingrained in some people's DNA to be jerks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom