I'm done, bye! (1 Viewer)

I get the fair weather fan jazz but honestly what is the tipping point for everyone?

Also, doesnt never saying never kind of reinforce the "NFL at large'" ability to influence games that serve the interest of the greater good?

I can’t speak for the op but I’ve been a Saints fan the majority of my life. I am 55 and was born in 1963. Yes I’m old. I have been a Saints fan almost from day 1. There is no way I’m giving up on this team. I was a fan during the Archie days, the Bum Phillips days, right on through the Bobby and Aaron and both Billy Joe’s. If you jump ship now then you weren’t a fan to begin with.

I'm thinking he's mad at the NFL, not the Saints.

I stopped watching Non-Saints games a few years back. I would watch some games with hometown boys playing, but if no Saints, no watch. Today's bad call, added to last week's bad call, and then the NO CALL have ruined the NFL for me.

I'll still watch them - but Goddell can lick the sweaty hairs between my arse before I watch another NFL game without the Saints.

Sorry if I crossed a line with that Goddell line, but he's the devil.

I can’t speak for the op but I’ve been a Saints fan the majority of my life. I am 55 and was born in 1963. Yes I’m old. I have been a Saints fan almost from day 1. There is no way I’m giving up on this team. I was a fan during the Archie days, the Bum Phillips days, right on through the Bobby and Aaron and both Billy Joe’s. If you jump ship now then you weren’t a fan to begin with.

That’s total bs!

He can be loyal to a fault and just not believe in the league any more.

Like RajCaj80 said, everyone has a tipping/breaking point. There’s even value in being a bad team and knowing it. When the joy of the game is removed because of incompetence and corruption, how long does your fandom remain?

I think sticking with an under achieving team, in hopes that they get their act together, and because they are your team is a very different thing than sticking with a team that has its achievements being negated by an unfair system.

Id be a lot more okay with todays loss, even with what happened to Drew, and with Teddys performance, if the game was called straight up.

If you would have really quit...you would have done so without saying it to us. Fans don’t leave when they’re angry. They leave when they’re indifferent.
He's a Saints fan who can't stand seeing his team screwed week after week. I'm right there with him. I'm not just angry about what they've done to the Saints I'm angry about what they've done to the game. I've been a fan of pro football for close to 60 years. I used to LOVE NFL football. They've turned it into joke and that pisses me off!

I gave it two weeks after the NFC championship game and I'm done with the NFL. I love the players but feel sorry for the "dream" they've been fed. So long everyone!

It is tough fellow die hard, it really is considering how the NFL definitely has a bias against this franchise. I am not saying there is a conspiracy, but it is very difficult for me not to believe there is a sub conscience bias by the officials during a game the Saints are playing. Three games in a row? Come on, even the Mike Peiriera made mention of “when is it going to change” at half time. For him to pose that statement, it is really disheartening to watch the NFL. I have zero interest anyway in the NFL, outside of the Saints to begin with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom