I'm done, bye! (1 Viewer)

He's a Saints fan who can't stand seeing his team screwed week after week. I'm right there with him. I'm not just angry about what they've done to the Saints I'm angry about what they've done to the game. I've been a fan of pro football for close to 60 years. I used to LOVE NFL football. They've turned it into joke and that pisses me off!

This 100 times! Almost as many years, not quite though. Much different league nowadays. The TV money and the big TV markets the brand needs the interest from those cities more than ever for the next TV contract.

That’s total bs!

He can be loyal to a fault and just not believe in the league any more.

Like RajCaj80 said, everyone has a tipping/breaking point. There’s even value in being a bad team and knowing it. When the joy of the game is removed because of incompetence and corruption, how long does your fandom remain?
For me it’s lasted a long time I was in the dome when the Saints won their first playoff game and I had been a fan long before that. I remember when you could get great seats minutes before the kickoff. This team didn’t have a winning season until Jim Mora and Bobby were here. So yeah if you can’t go through a little pain with the team then you aren’t a fan plain and simple. I can guarantee you that if you asked a Boston Red Sox fan or a Buffalo Bills fan they would agree with me.

He's a Saints fan who can't stand seeing his team screwed week after week. I'm right there with him. I'm not just angry about what they've done to the Saints I'm angry about what they've done to the game. I've been a fan of pro football for close to 60 years. I used to LOVE NFL football. They've turned it into joke and that pisses me off!

I agree 100% with this. It was one thing to watch the Saints lose when the league looked like it was sort of on the up and up, now it looks more rigged than ever. I have no idea where I will be tomorrow or the next day, or on Sundays, but my caring about the NFL is just about over. Lifelong Saints fan. Not some fairweather "fan" and I have seen it all. I think the league is rigged, not 100% convinced, but it is getting closer for me.

Why try to antagonize? That is all you are doing TBH. Just don’t say anything. Let him express his disdain for the NFL. He is not against the Saints.
She's been trolling all night.

For me it’s lasted a long time I was in the dome when the Saints won their first playoff game and I had been a fan long before that. I remember when you could get great seats minutes before the kickoff. This team didn’t have a winning season until Jim Mora and Bobby were here. So yeah if you can’t go through a little pain with the team then you aren’t a fan plain and simple. I can guarantee you that if you asked a Boston Red Sox fan or a Buffalo Bills fan they would agree with me.

Not even remotely the same. I don’t have to say anything. See: boutte, super44 and j.t. to get the point.

Not even remotely the same. I don’t have to say anything. See: boutte, super44 and j.t. to get the point.
Matter of fact, if you’re not fed up and hitting the fan then I’m not sure I even trust your rationality or fandom.

Matter of fact, if you’re not fed up and hitting the fan then I’m not sure I even trust your rationality or fandom.
I take it you weren’t a fan of this team when we were the 2nd best team in the NFC for many years only to get beat out by Joe Montana and the 49ers. The calls that went against us back in those days were epic so much so that there were rumors about the Saints not paying into the referees retirement fund or something silly like that.

look if bad calls make you want to quit your cheering for the wrong team. Its been a part of the saints for a very very long time. We just don't get the calls. We always had ref issues. I don't do the conspiracy angles it just happens to us. Always has always will.

grow a pair and move on.

Right, I'm not going to judge anyone for sticking with it. But I'm also not going to judge the OP if he had his breaking point last night. Bailing b/c your team never has a winning season (my early-mid childhood) makes you a fair-weather fan. Bailing on watching football because you think it's a stacked deck and the NFL is a corrupt league is another thing entirely.

I'm in NOLA, so I'll likely stick with it b/c it's a way to see my friends every week. But I wouldn't be forking out $ for Sunday ticket if I lived somewhere where the Saints weren't ingrained in the community.

I think sticking with an under achieving team, in hopes that they get their act together, and because they are your team is a very different thing than sticking with a team that has its achievements being negated by an unfair system.

Id be a lot more okay with todays loss, even with what happened to Drew, and with Teddys performance, if the game was called straight up.

Baloney, I havent been a fan as long as you but I have been a fan since Bum came to town. I watched the Saints beat the Jets in the Meadowlands, I was there in the snow when Sam Mills ran a handoff in for a TD. I watched them beat Favre in the dome when he was a Packer. Im not one of those fair weather fans that wants to bash on AB. I wont stop being a Saints fan, but I stopped spending anytime watching the NFL when I could be doing anything else worth doing.

I'm in NOLA, so I'll likely stick with it b/c it's a way to see my friends every week. But I wouldn't be forking out $ for Sunday ticket if I lived somewhere where the Saints weren't ingrained in the community.
I’m not in NOLA (for a little over 14 years), most weeks it’s just me and my wife watching the games (she’s usually doing stuff while the game is on) and I’m paying for SundayTicket. However, the SAINTS are ingrained IN ME! I try desperately to hold on to every little piece of home that I can...like my quote, “I know what it means...”❤️⚜️?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom