I'm done following nfl football (1 Viewer)

What i’m done with is trying to figure out why they are even protesting. If you have a problem with cops shooting blacks, what does that even have to do with honoring those that have fallen to protect the country. On top of it, why are you considered “racist” if you don’t agree with their protest? That is the most absurd part of the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really how is it disrespecting veterans? They served to protect and defend people’s right to do exactly what they are doing. So what’s the issue?

What i’m done with is trying to figure out why they are even protesting. If you have a problem with cops shooting blacks, what does that even have to do with honoring those that have fallen to protect the country. On top of it, why are you considered “racist” if you don’t agree with their protest? That is the most absurd part of the whole thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-with-white-drivers-2/?utm_term=.773b3b2fb41d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g_fVAi44zs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-get-arrested-for-it/?utm_term=.26a9ef21dd63

All of these are systematic issues thats been going on for decades.

That should connect the dots for you, but something tells me you're really not interested in that.

Really how is it disrespecting veterans? They served to protect and defend people’s right to do exactly what they are doing. So what’s the issue?

While that is true and the 1st amendment right is great.. i doubt many Veterans want to come home from War to see their favorite team showing their disdain for America. They are getting paid millions and they are on the job. Now they did get what they wanted. People are talking about it. However, instead of actually talking about the problem they are protesting or coming up with a solution...my opinion is that people are just turned off about the whole thing because it is not the right venue for it. Creating further division when the Anthem is supposed to unite!

While that is true and the 1st amendment right is great.. i doubt many Veterans want to come home from War to see their favorite team showing their disdain for America. They are getting paid millions and they are on the job. Now they did get what they wanted. People are talking about it. However, instead of actually talking about the problem they are protesting or coming up with a solution...my opinion is that people are just turned off about the whole thing because it is not the right venue for it. Creating further division when the Anthem is supposed to unite!

You're a fool if you think taking a knee means they're showing disdain for America. It's protesting the President's recent statements where he's trying to divide this country and only rally his own base. And it's protesting people being killed by police officers while those officers face exactly zero punishment.

The players taking a knee is not creating further division. It's the President's comments. If anything, the players taking a knee today is showing they are united.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-with-white-drivers-2/?utm_term=.773b3b2fb41d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g_fVAi44zs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-get-arrested-for-it/?utm_term=.26a9ef21dd63

All of these are systematic issues thats been going on for decades.

That should connect the dots for you, but something tells me you're really not interested in that.

Ok so go protest outside a police station. I’ll even join you when i have time but for now i would like to e joy whatever free time i have watching Football.

Ok so go protest outside a police station. I’ll even join you when i have time but for now i would like to e joy whatever free time i have watching Football.

The President called out NFL and NBA players, so they're uniting despite his calls to divide them. Saying that you would join them if you have time is a joke and a lie. You clearly just don't want to be inconvenienced by this. They rarely even show the national anthem for these games on TV anyway.

You're a fool if you think taking a knee means they're showing disdain for America. It's protesting the President's recent statements where he's trying to divide this country and only rally his own base. And it's protesting people being killed by police officers while those officers face exactly zero punishment.

The players taking a knee is not creating further division. It's the President's comments. If anything, the players taking a knee today is showing they are united.

Agreed.

This guy probably thinks protesting the war is protesting the troops.

What i’m done with is trying to figure out why they are even protesting.

Oh good..you've already shut your mind off from understanding, I'm sure that attitude will get you far

If you have a problem with cops shooting blacks, what does that even have to do with honoring those that have fallen to protect the country.

It doesn't. The fact that you can't separate an anthem from respecting military says a lot about your capability to understand it.

On top of it, why are you considered “racist” if you don’t agree with their protest? That is the most absurd part of the whole thing.

Nobody said that. You assumed it, because you've been conditioned to employ the victim complex.

Oh good..you've already shut your mind off from understanding, I'm sure that attitude will get you far

It doesn't. The fact that you can't separate an anthem from respecting military says a lot about your capability to understand it.

Nobody said that. You assumed it, because you've been conditioned to employ the victim complex.

Ok Freud. I understand how in their mind they are not disrespecting the military. As a veteran of OIF, i am personally not offended. However, there are many families of people who lost their lives defending the values that this country has today. Not back when the Anthem was made but today. They were personally affected. So when millionaire football players can’t put their personal beliefs to the side in order to at least give the illusion that they honor the fallen( which many think the standing for the anthem represents) then who is the one being inconvenienced?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom