I'm failing to understand this... (1 Viewer)

Why are we talking about smokescreens?

Who and why are we trying to fool anyone?

We can hire whomever is now available. There is no need for trickery.

Theoretically speaking, other teams will be vying for the same coaches that we are. If we leak that Rob Ryan is really our guy then other teams might be quick to jump the gun on him and make it easier to get the guy we are really after and not have to compete for his services.

I think Sean Payton is a very, very busy man.

I'm almost certain that he's not playing games with the media, or possible coaching hires (that one is just dumb) or checking to see if his staff can keep thier mouths shut.

The guy has a ton on his plate.
He probably has a schedule to keep him on track and keep his daily priorities in check.

Hiring a defensive coordinator is a big deal and I don't think he's taking it lightly.
We sucked on defense last year, I think he's committed to not letting that happen again, especially under his watch.
He's never struck me as a knee jerk reaction kind of guy and I don't see that changing.

Also, unless I missed it......
I haven't seen a report or quote from Sean Payton saying that he has offered the position to anyone.
The only reports I've seen are speculation by competing networks to see who breaks the story first. No doubt, somebody will guess right.

I really hope our coach is more patient than us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom