I'm failing to understand this... (1 Viewer)

I don't understand why so many new threads about the D-Co keep popping up when there are countless threads already in play.

The whole "Ryan going to the Saints is all but done" is just another example of media creating headlines and stories because they have none.
Everything they report is speculation until they say "it has been confirmed by team sources".

Regardless who SP decides on, they need to also bring in a new secondary coach!!!

The whole "Ryan going to the Saints is all but done" is just another example of media creating headlines and stories because they have none.
Everything they report is speculation until they say "it has been confirmed by team sources".

Regardless who SP decides on, they need to also bring in a new secondary coach!!!

well, yeah. OL coach too. Job openings needing to be filled and all.

As a fan, I feel like a red headed step child when it comes to making decisions concerning this team,which I love. Fans don't have no say in nothing the NFL does. we are asked to pay big bucks,and be a cheerleader nothing more. I don't want Ryan,but as a fan, I don't have any say in the matter. I can only pray,our coach is making the right choice for the next DC.

As a fan, I feel like a red headed step child when it comes to making decisions concerning this team,which I love. Fans don't have no say in nothing the NFL does. we are asked to pay big bucks,and be a cheerleader nothing more.

Well, yeah, you're a fan and not an employee of the team. You don't really think the fans should get to control who is hired do you?

As a fan, I feel like a red headed step child when it comes to making decisions concerning this team,which I love. Fans don't have no say in nothing the NFL does. we are asked to pay big bucks,and be a cheerleader nothing more. I don't want Ryan,but as a fan, I don't have any say in the matter. I can only pray,our coach is making the right choice for the next DC.

You get to vote on ProBowl pics. I can't imagine any way whatsoever for the NFL to make it possible for fans to have a say on who a coach or GM hires. It seems impossible. The NFL is a big business. It's not like it's a public entity (like The Packers-- but even there fans don't get to vote on hiring).

But you did bring up an interesting point. It would be nice for teams to poll fan opinion on which player to draft or free agent to sign. I doubt that it would have a huge impact on what GMs and coaches ultimately decide, but it'd be interesting. It's already a popular thing with the media and in fan forums. Again though, we have no real say. We can express ourselves in a way that might impact how teams price their products and tickets and we probably can have an impact on which way a team conducts its overall operations and its philosophy... i.e. building a program through high character type players of integrity. I think we've already seen where fan sentiment has influenced decisions; like when Gibbs was fired. But it's not like the coach didn't already see the writing on the wall. Ditto for re-signing fans favorites like Drew. But then again, many folks wanted us to keep the Beerman, but it didn't stop his release. One could argue that fan sentiments had a lot to do with signing Deuce for his ceremonial playoff roster spot. Once again though, it's not like the coach didn't see the same thing.

But one thing that I think you might not have considered where fan sentiment-- and outrage-- actually did have a major impact on a HUGE NFL decision. Think about the Saints moving to San Antonio. You can bet that the decision made by Paul Tagliabue to make sure the team stayed in New Orleans was based soundly on fan sentiment. In that case we did get a say; a HUGE say. :9:

Payton should post a poll on SR to decide who to hire. The only question is would he include Tacoes?

I know this is becoming increasingly difficult in today's world of twitter and other forms of communication that encourage us to react instantly, but what do you say we let this play out first before pronouncing judgment?

Why would Payton go to the media to talk about the importance of taking our time with this hire and then commit to hiring a guy before anyone has been interviewed? He said he would wait until the SB is over because he wanted to do everything possible to make sure we find the right guy. This move goes against everything he's preached the last couple of weeks. I just don't get it.

Listen the reports come from the media, and it can be pure speculation.

Let's be clear on what we know, and coming from Sean's mouth, everything is consistent:

- He said it will take time to make a decision because it will be a thorough process that will include assistants and college coaches.

- We know now one college coach is Grantham, Rob Ryan is in the picture and Sean is waiting for some team to confirm or negate permission to talk to assistants.

- Today he said it's 4 candidates he wants to interview, we only have 2 names so far.

- He hopes the matter will be solved within a week.

Now, first reports are that it may be either Romeo, Mangini or another candidate. Suddenly it is Ryan for sure, now it is Grantham interviewing but it's Ryan's job to loose. We are still missing 2 other candidates.

So some people are either making assumptions or getting wrong information. And if Rob Ryan and/or his agent are pushing this information, then it's bad news to him.

Remember, Rob Ryan was fired by Jerry Jones, a confidant of Coach Payton. I am sure that Sean will talk to Jerry first and hear his opinions before hiring Ryan.

We better be patient and wait until we have news from Sean. That's it.

Payton should post a poll on SR to decide who to hire. The only question is would he include Tacoes?

Yes. In fact, I think there should be an interactive poll during games asking the fans what play to call next. Or maybe just let them pick 5 plays per quarter. I mean, it would be just like Madden. And clearly, based on what I have read on this forum for the last ten years or so, the fans are more qualified than the coaching staff to make these decisions.

Why are we talking about smokescreens?

Who and why are we trying to fool anyone?

We can hire whomever is now available. There is no need for trickery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom