I'm getting nervous that there's no ***Official 49ers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know. But both the Packers and Vikings are Jeckylls and Hydes. Never know which teams will show up. Right now, we need to win out and hope for a couple of losses by the 9ers. If not, the best we can do is set eyes on the 2nd seed. Who knows, the 9ers could lose in the divisional round, and we still host the NFCCG. The bottom line overall though is that we just don't wanna have to play that extra game in the wildcard.
I hear you. I want to play for that 2nd seed. If we luck into the 1st, fine, but we need that second seed more. If we get the 2 seed, it guarantees that we won't see the 9ers again until the NFCCG. Would love nothing more than to pay them back for 2011.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because you don't want the #1 seed to go to teams like Seattle or Green Bay. Would rather play in a dome (New Orleans/Minnesota) or maybe San Francisco in January weather.
Agreed. Tbh, I'd rather play the Vikings in their place than anywhere else. Indoors, payback for their miracle in 2017 and wouldn't have to go to the west coast.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We had to go for 2 to try to get a field goal lead. If we had just kicked the XP instead and made it 14-7 then the last 2-pt. attempt doesn't happen because we'd only need an XP to get that FG lead. Think about what you're saying.
Let me think.... ok... no, still, they scored 48 points in the dome.

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Do you lack the mental capacity to realize we'd have been tied up at 48 by only having to kick two extra points instead of being forced into that second 2-pt. attempt at the end of the game due to the earlier failed try? By all means, keep being daft, it's amusing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom