I'm getting nervous that there's no ***Official 49ers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** (1 Viewer)

We can play better against this team. Especially if we get our linebackers back healthy. We're have to figure out what to do with Kamara.

We played horrible today in D, didn't deserve to win. Going for 2 early hurt us. Coaching was bad today. We also should have had Lattimore on Kettle on 4th and 2. A lot of bad film.

The only positives were that even without Kamara being effective, our offensive over all was really good. And Harris was great on returns.
Their defense got torched too. Do their players say they didn't deserve to win? No. As the announcers predicted, the way that game went, whoever had the ball last was probably gonna win. The Saints put up 45 points on the #1 defense in the league. Except for a few boneheaded playcalls by Payton, this could have been at least 52 points by the Saints, maybe more.

Down 3 starters against a well-balanced offense that was at 100% with 3 outstanding receivers...I'm really not mad at our guys. Somebody had to win. The boys didn't lie down,
Problem is that poor defensive play is now a trend going back to the bye. Youd have thought the slap Atl put on us at home would have been a wakeup call. Now here we give up 48 points to Jimmy Grappolo at home.

We also did these weird arse horizontal plays on offense all day. Terrible play calling
And 5-7 yard pitchbacks that NEVER worked. Did at least 5 of those. Plus taking the ball out of Drew's hands on several downs, which gained nothing. We knew that we had to play a perfect game considering the injuries and the 9ers near lack thereof. And the refs in the 4th quarter.

Problem is that poor defensive play is now a trend going back to the bye. Youd have thought the slap Atl put on us at home would have been a wakeup call. Now here we give up 48 points to Jimmy Grappolo at home.

While true, the injuries have hurt. And without 2 starting linebackers, we don't have the speed to consistently keep up with the 9ers offense. I just hope we get healthy enough by the time the playoffs roll around.

Yeah, that's why we lost. Good call.
Everyone on the planet knew what was coming with a minute and 3 to’s left.

we didn’t even try to run the ball once on that last drive. Granted, we scored, but why would you not try to run clock.
That applies to the whole game. You know your defense is struggling, Kamara is NOT getting it done and Murray is wracking up 5-7 yards a carry, so you pull him?!

Kamara is cooked. Whatever physically is wrong with him, coupled with the play calls that go to him - he is damn near a liability.
Pull your head out of the microwave, bruh. You're frying your brain,

When the other team scores 48 points in your house, not really.

We had to go for 2 to try to get a field goal lead. If we had just kicked the XP instead and made it 14-7 then the last 2-pt. attempt doesn't happen because we'd only need an XP to get that FG lead. Think about what you're saying.

This was a rough one to take, but I’m not going to let it eat at me. We still have games ahead and need to put all effort into winning those. Everyone knew we had a very suspect defense, but now the Niners defense has been shown they ain’t all that either. Garoppolo said in post game that he thought all three phases played great. This will continue to be the spin even though we put 46 on them. We’ll see them again this year, and payback will be a (fill in the blank).

Everyone on the planet knew what was coming with a minute and 3 to’s left.

we didn’t even try to run the ball once on that last drive. Granted, we scored, but why would you not try to run clock.
That applies to the whole game. You know your defense is struggling, Kamara is NOT getting it done and Murray is wracking up 5-7 yards a carry, so you pull him?!

Because you are trying to score a TD. The pass to TQS was just meant to get a first down. Missed tackles changed that. If you run the ball, maybe you burn the clock and still score, or maybe you get no gain on the first run and end up in 4th and 8 or something. You can't micromanage scoring a TD against the top D in the league.

Defensive play has been awful for the most part over the last few weeks. Players & coaches on the defense need to do some self evaluation this week.

If you see it's not working the first couple of times....ABANDON IT!!!!

Oh I agree, I was baffled that Payton kept going wide. I know he thinks we need to spread them out to loosen them up, but the negative plays hurt. That said, it's a nit pick when you score 46 points on the league's number 2 defense. The real issue was the defense being horrific for long stretches in the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom