I'm going to post the same thing that I posted after the Ravens loss.. (1 Viewer)

P-town balla

Resident Weather Guru
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We can play with anyone in the league. We were the better team AGAIN, but, we(as well as anyone else in the league) cannot keep committing turnovers and expect to win.

Carolina game- missed FG, not challenging the Keyshawn drop that would have resulted in a fourth down instead of a TD.

Baltimore- Two INT's returned for TD's.

Pittsburgh- not challenging the Campbell fumble when he never had possession, the 14 points off of TO's.

P.S. Has anyone noticed that when Carney misses a FG, we end up losing the game. Also, whoever is deciding to or not to challenge plays needs to lose his job. Two straight weeks that he has cost us a timeout on bad challenges that were not even that close.

I think the Ravens game was a lot worse despite the outcome being the same. The Ravens just came out and kicked the Saints in the teeth and they really didn't recover until the very end. Also, there were just a ton of penalties.

Today's game, while there were just as many turnovers, overall there was sharper play and more discipline. They just didn't play the whole 60 minutes. On first look that might seem like an odd thing to say since they played well at the end, but I don't mean they fell apart just at the end. By the whole 60 minutes, I mean every quarter, every down. They lapsed big time in the early first quarter and the third and early fourth quarter. Then, oddly enough, they rebounded again yet again.

It was just a really schitzo performance.

I hate post like this. Because yeah, we hurt ourselves, but that doesn't take away the fact that the opposing team's defense made the plays.

We can play with anybody, that's a fact. But the teams we lost to were simply better than us that day, simple as that.

I hate to argue on this but, Carolina and Pittsburgh were not better than us. We gave those two away. You can make an argument for the Baltimore game. As far as the Evans penalty goes, the whistle had not blown when he laid the lick. As far as I know, what he did was legal because the play wasn't dead. He hit him from the front, so if the guy wasn't paying attention, it's his own fault.

Pittsburgh also not having any turnovers is "playing better than us".

My point is that if you take away our turnovers, who wins the game? The Saints. We gave it away with our turnovers. We lost by 7. They score 14 off of turnovers. Not that hard on the math.

It's apart of the game.

You live with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom