I'm going to regret asking this, can we make Coleman a tight end? (2 Viewers)

Lol. You can line him up wherever you want and call him whatever you want.

He will never be a TE by the specs of what a great all around TE looks like.

I am all for making him and Fleener ex Saints. Who's idea was it to give way too much money to "hands of stone" Fleener?

How about Devery? Colston? Would you have cut them when they were fighting the dropsies?

coleman is good as an outside blocker at WR, kinda like how they used Meachm. but hes got to stop getting holding calls, if not I would rather play tommy lee

He clearly doesn't have the elite WR speed or talent, but he is fast and clearly very tall and can make a catch. I think he would make a good TE. Now, I have ZERO knowledge on the intricacies of the positions in football and I just love watching the game on a semi deep level. I am not someone you would ask how a Tampa 2 works or what a route tree is.

Would he be a better TE than Fleener?

Be gentle

Oh yeah!!.............that's exactly what the Saints need is a 225 pound TE who can't catch and can't run!!!

Where do you guys come up with this stuff???........:jpshakehead:

There was a back shoulder throw that he had with one hand. But lost it when he hit the ground.

I thought there was a third one I couldn't remember. Thanks for pointing that out. That's the one where Brees could be seen telling him to use two hands, correct?

He's too thin. He needs more weight on him to be able to hold the POA in the running game and would simply get run over by a DE in the passing game.

He's in New Orleans.
That shouldn't take but a few weeks. :ezbill:

Coleman just isn't naturally gifted at going up and getting the ball. He has below average ability to high point and attack the ball in the air. It's mostly instincts that can't be taught, so I don't think he's ever going to be good at it and that's what you need from a pass catcher of his size whether its at WR or TE.

coleman is good as an outside blocker at WR, kinda like how they used Meachm. but hes got to stop getting holding calls, if not I would rather play tommy lee

I don't see it.

I watched him closely in the 4th quarter blocking. 2 whiffs and a holding call.

I can't claim to of watched his blocking extensively other times, but if that's a barometer of his ability, he's not a good blocker.

Wasn't last year basically Coleman's rookie year? 14' he was an undrafted guy recovering from serious injury. The losses are making you guys overly critical.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom