I'm going to regret asking this, can we make Coleman a tight end? (1 Viewer)

He clearly doesn't have the elite WR speed or talent, but he is fast and clearly very tall and can make a catch. I think he would make a good TE. Now, I have ZERO knowledge on the intricacies of the positions in football and I just love watching the game on a semi deep level. I am not someone you would ask how a Tampa 2 works or what a route tree is.

Would he be a better TE than Fleener?

Be gentle
No, but we can make him more effective by transforming him into a cut free agent.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't feel it's right to give up on Fleener this soon. He could just be going through a rough patch right now. It happens sometimes

Personally, I don't feel it's right to give up on Fleener this soon. He could just be going through a rough patch right now. It happens sometimes

Agree. The jury is still out.

But I also agree with the post that Coleman's problem appears to be using his body. He doesn't seem as instinctive with getting his body around to position as the other receivers (Thomas, on the other hand, seems as gifted in this area as any young receiver I have ever seen).

As a result, Coleman is not often in very good position for the ball and has to flail at with with his arms.

IMO Coleman need to be cut. To soft and then havebthe nerve to catch with one hand. Wth!!!

Enough with this clown! He was supposed to be Colston's replacement & that failed miserably. He doesn't use his body against smaller DBs, his blocking -for as big as he is- is horrible along with his catching & he's not even ST material! Coleman: Where receptions go to waste.

How on earth did he make the roster is beyond me after the performances he displayed in preseason. It has carried over to the reg season and that's an embarrassment to the Org. Rant over.

To answer your question though, I'll say he would excel as a TE in Madden and TecmoBowl.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

IMO Coleman need to be cut. To soft and then havebthe nerve to catch with one hand. Wth!!!

One of those one handed attempts would have been a circus catch diving forward and falling to the ground as he tried to catch it with one hand and the other he had a defender literally holding his other arm so he could only go after the ball with one hand.

I'm not a Coleman apologist and think he doesn't deserve playing time based on his preseason and now regular season production, but I'm not going to pretend like he's intentionally trying to make one handed catches out there when he could use two hands either.

Was there another one handed attempt that I don't remember?

Enough with this clown! He was supposed to be Colston's replacement & that failed miserably. He doesn't use his body against smaller DBs, his blocking -for as big as he is- is horrible along with his catching & he's not even ST material! Coleman: Where receptions go to waste.

How on earth did he make the roster is beyond me after the performances he displayed in preseason. It has carried over to the reg season and that's an embarrassment to the Org. Rant over.

It's one of those things where after a couple of years of trying, you say "Ooh, so that's why none of the scouts liked him and a 6'6" receiver from a D1 school didn't get drafted."

One of those one handed attempts would have been a circus catch diving forward and falling to the ground as he tried to catch it with one hand and the other he had a defender literally holding his other arm so he could only go after the ball with one hand.

I'm not a Coleman apologist and think he doesn't deserve playing time based on his preseason and now regular season production, but I'm not going to pretend like he's intentionally trying to make one handed catches out there when he could use two hands either.

The "underthrown" (more like coleman was supposed to stop and grab the ball) pass near the end of the game. He tried to haul it in with one hand

Call him what you like, I just want him to catch in traffic

There was a back shoulder throw that he had with one hand. But lost it when he hit the ground.

Coleman should not even be on a roster, much less switching positions. The guy just doesn't have it and I am tired of seeing us throw passes to him in crucial situations. If he hasn't developed by now, he won't. Right now, at best, all he is is a guy that knows the playbook and can line up/run routes. Surely there are better prospects out there.

To answer your question though - That would be a disaster. I'm talking watching your tight end get knocked on his butt every other play bad.

He is just way too slender and way too SOFT to play the tight end position.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cHCrO96HpXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tell that to Devery Henderson.

If you are an NFL player that relies on a Jugs, you are in trouble. The jugs machine hours should already be put in when he was coming up. I know they still use them but c'mon man, on Hard knocks the Rams had a D lineman standing 3 feet away from a jugs catching balls on full blast one handed.:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom