I'm going to the Linc to support our boys tomorrow!!! (1 Viewer)

- if anyone ever spit on my baby their balls would be severely damaged...I don't care who it is

I hear ya there. I would be in jail for quite a while after what I did to them in return. That being said, why would anyone bring a baby to an opposing team's stadium ? I have never been to Philly for a game, but have been to many away games, and there's always some ribbing and stuff, but I wouldnt even bring a baby to the Dome, much less into enemy territory.

Eagles and Phillies games are usually OK if you dont look for trouble. There's as much Philly on Philly violence as there is anything else.

Flyers games, on the other hand.....:covri:

Just put a few magnetic stickers on your car. When you park, stick them on the car next to you.

I hear ya there. I would be in jail for quite a while after what I did to them in return. That being said, why would anyone bring a baby to an opposing team's stadium ? I have never been to Philly for a game, but have been to many away games, and there's always some ribbing and stuff, but I wouldnt even bring a baby to the Dome, much less into enemy territory.

Agreed. Bringing a baby is ridiculous. I wouldn't even bring a young child or kid under 13 due to the language. Let's face it, football is involves drunks, foul mouths and periodic fits of rage if things don't go well. If you bring a kid, you better realize that this is what you're exposing them to.

But I would never sit by and watch a fellow Eagles fan do that to a kid or to another female, regardless of their team. I'd step in without thinking twice.

Just put a few magnetic stickers on your car. When you park, stick them on the car next to you.

laugh.gif
now that's a good idea!

But I would never sit by and watch a fellow Eagles fan do that to a kid or to another female, regardless of their team. I'd step in without thinking twice.

Their general lack of taste, intelligence and grooming notwithstanding, I found the Eagles fans in town for the last two games to be fairly pleasant and fun opposing fans, generally speaking. I'm sure you encounter more of the bad ones on the home turf, but that's true anywhere.

Advice from a diehard eagles fan...
- do NOT let your car decorated in the lot. That's just asking for trouble...like wearing a "kick me" sign
- wear your jersey...people who are afraid to do this are pathetic
- Lower section seats don't have nearly the issues as upper level.
- if anyone ever spit on my baby their balls would be severely damaged...I don't care who it is
- regarding that Santa....I dare you to let your child sit on that drunken trainwreck. He deserved the snowballs

:smilielol:

Their general lack of taste, intelligence and grooming notwithstanding, I found the Eagles fans in town for the last two games to be fairly pleasant and fun opposing fans, generally speaking. I'm sure you encounter more of the bad ones on the home turf, but that's true anywhere.

Based on what I saw at last years Giants game at the Linc, which was my first time at an NFL game, we had a blast heckling the Giants fans and they ribbed us right back. Nothing extreme like the stories people tell...just smacktalk and using the F word a lot. I have heard that the Cowboys games get more intense than any other game...I guess I'll find out on 11/8 cause I'll be at that game.

Based on what I saw at last years Giants game at the Linc, which was my first time at an NFL game, we had a blast heckling the Giants fans and they ribbed us right back. Nothing extreme like the stories people tell...just smacktalk and using the F word a lot. I have heard that the Cowboys games get more intense than any other game...I guess I'll find out on 11/8 cause I'll be at that game.

In my experience, Cowboys fans are extremely docile. Not anything like the perception of some of the other NFC East teams. When Saints fans took over Texas Stadium in December '06 (yes, I was there!), the best way I could describe the Cowboys' fans' reaction would be "timid." I've also been to a Cowboys/Eagles game in Texas Stadium, and Iggles fans did their team proud.

In my experience, Cowboys fans are extremely docile. Not anything like the perception of some of the other NFC East teams. When Saints fans took over Texas Stadium in December '06 (yes, I was there!), the best way I could describe the Cowboys' fans' reaction would be "timid." I've also been to a Cowboys/Eagles game in Texas Stadium, and Iggles fans did their team proud.

This is absolutely true. I think the OP was talking about Eagles fans in Philly VS the Cowboys.

So wait, you've been to one game and have been telling us what it's usually like there? :jpshakehead:

LOL

So wait, you've been to one game and have been telling us what it's usually like there? :jpshakehead:

LOL

How's that any different than stories of babies getting spit on? You think we hocker on every kid that enters the stadium? Plus, I didn't say what it's "usually like" numbnuts....I said based on MY EXPERIENCE. Reading is fundamental.

My husband and I went to a Saints/Eagles game at the old Vet many years ago, and we did wear our jerseys -- he dressed as DATMAN, actually....and almost got pitched over the rail by the Eagle. We had ice thrown at us most of the first half, and lots of words, but we survived. Now, we were on the lower level, so the fans were a bit more civilized. I will say that the game itself was fine; I felt safe, but the walk to the stadium made me a bit nervous. And no, we did NOT decorate our car!

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!! The best part was the win and going down to where the team loaded the bus to leave the stadium. There were several Saints fans there, and the team mingled and talked with us all as they waited to board the bus. We got to chat with the Dome Patrol, Eric Martin, Kevin Haverdink, Jim Dombrowski (who looked at my husband like he was nuts, LOL), and many more. That was an awesome experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom