i'm gonna take a break from drc- other ideas (1 Viewer)

sycamoresaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
nesbit is a fa for us. he is 31 and solid but not spectacular. here's one of my wishes- alen faneca. he is also 31. he is from here and went to school at lsu and john curtis. if we lose nesbit but pick up faneca we don't lose anything in the fa/compensatory picks game, and it is a huge upgrade. i'd love to see faneca at lg. it would instantly improve our run game and he's no slouch in pass blocking either. he has been conspicuously quiet in the news as well.

I'm right there with you. Another report said Nesbit wants to stay in NO and I like to hear that, but Faneca would be a huge upgrade. I hope we can get him.

I don't know, I'd prefer Andy Alleman to take over. Alan Faneca wants a big contract, something around $7 million a year, and rumor is he wants to go to Arizona and join former Steelers o-line coach Russ Grimm there.

If ain't broke don't fix it. Our offensive line is just fine the way it is with Nesbit at LG.

I would like to have Faneca here to open some big holes for Reggie and PT Cruiser. I would also like Goodwin at center. I think he is better at opening holes for the run game. Plus, let Streif and Stinchcomb battle it out for the RT spot.

No on Faneca. As mentioned, he wants a lot, reportedly more than Steve Hutchinson (not sure about that last name).

OG is not a particular weak spot for us with Alleman, and Bushrod, or Goodwin, or others if we need them.

I've always liked Nesbit, he can back up any OL position except maybe LT (not sure, we've never asked him to do it). But that ability is very valuable to any team.

Pass on Faneca, he's a good player, but the money needs to be spent elsewhere.

ddd Edit here: I left Evans out because I consider him a mortal lock at RG.

Last edited:
The Jets are prepared to dump a truckload of money on the doorstep of Steelers guard Alan Faneca when free-agency begins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770/Talk-isn't-just-about-college-stars-at-combine

Other quickie free-agent tidbits I hear: The Jets will go after 31-year-old Pittsburgh guard Alan Faneca, but not after former Eric Mangini pupil Asante Samuel

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/02/24/combine/2.html

I would imagine Faneca will be a Jet

Faneca is one of the best guards in the NFL and he would be worth every penny. We have the cap space to get him. His impact would be immediate as a player on the field and a leader in the locker room. I don't see any FA having more impact for us on the offensive side of the ball than him.

Faneca is one of the best guards in the NFL and he would be worth every penny. We have the cap space to get him. His impact would be immediate as a player on the field and a leader in the locker room. I don't see any FA having more impact for us on the offensive side of the ball than him.

We have abot 30 million. Great!

We have about 17 free agents. Nesbit and Goodwin are two of them.

No one doubts Faneca is a good player, we just don't need him.

We need half of our current free agents. We need at least one big money free agent who plays CB, LB, or DT.

We need to sign a high draft pick.

We need to work on Smith, Colston, and other contracts that are coming up. I know some folks are a year away, but once they reach free agency we have trouble. Sign them soon.

No, we have too much other trouble to go for an expesive OG.

Just my opinion, of course.

ddd

We do "need" Faneca. Nesbit is a FA and Faneca is a massive upgrade. Wanta know what an elite guard can do for your running game? Go look at some Vikings games from this past year. You better believe Hutchinson was worth every penny.

We are by no means in cap trouble and we can afford him. The chances of us wooing one of the top defensive FA's is small anyway. The market is oversaturated with buyers and severaly understocked with players.

If ain't broke don't fix it. Our offensive line is just fine the way it is with Nesbit at LG.

I disagree. When we go up against a physical front four our line gets pushed around. We need more muscle up front and he is the best available. I say go get him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom