I'm itching for baseball (1 Viewer)

Please, the only people who wear Yankees gear, wear it because it's fashionable. Everyone in Louisiana hates the Yankees. Also, the $ can be used for the Red $ox too, they spend just as much.

If all the people wearing Yankee$ gear hated the Yankee$, they wouldnt wear it even if it was fashionable. I hate the Yankee$ and I will never wear anything with a Yankee$ logo on it, much like I wouldnt wear Falcons gear. There really is no debate here. The Yankee$ have more "fans" than any other team spread out all over the country. People that have no business being Yankee$ fans. People that have a team right there in their area that they could pull for. The Yankee$ are the most hated team in America, sure, but they are easily the favorite of bandwagoners across the country looking for a team to latch on to. This doesnt mean all Yankee$ fans are bandwagon fans, just that they have more bandwagon fans than any other team not just in baseball but maybe out of any sport.

A lot of people don't even watch baseball but wear Yankees hats. It's a fashionable thing to wear. Louisiana has turned into Boston South with all these bandwagon Red $ox (I can do it too) fans. You can't call anyone who is still a big supporter of the Yankees a bandwagon fan, we haven't gotten a title in like 8 yrs.

You can't call anyone who is still a big supporter of the Yankees a bandwagon fan, we haven't gotten a title in like 8 yrs.

I can if they started pulling for them in the 90s just because they were winning titles, just like the people who like the Cowboys and started pulling for them when they were winning 3 Super Bowls. Im not calling you yourself a bandwagon fan, just saying the Yankee$ have accumulated a lot of bandwagon followers the last 15 years or so.

Last edited:
I'm just arguing that the Red $ox have gotten the most bandwagon fans the past 4 years. Everyone is a fan, moreso than the Patriots.

I'm just arguing that the Red $ox have gotten the most bandwagon fans the past 4 years. Everyone is a fan, moreso than the Patriots.

Oh yeah, no doubt there are other teams that have a large bandwagon "fan" following. I just cant stand bandwagoners. I guess it goes back to being a school aged kid here in MS, knowing most people around here should be Saints fans but instead seeing nothing but Cowboys and 49ers fans. There was only one other guy I knew in my school that was a Saints fan and we took a lot of crap. Except, of course, when the Saints had a good year. Then everybody acted like they were life long Saints fans. I wanted to punch them in the face.:hihi:

The Braves train in a corn field in Iowa.

Bop, people will come Bop. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Bop. The one constant through all the years, Bop, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Bop. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Bop. People will most definitely come.

NYUH nyuh nyuh nyuh NYUH nyuh nyuh nyuh (baseball organ)

Oh yeah, no doubt there are other teams that have a large bandwagon "fan" following. I just cant stand bandwagoners. I guess it goes back to being a school aged kid here in MS, knowing most people around here should be Saints fans but instead seeing nothing but Cowboys and 49ers fans. There was only one other guy I knew in my school that was a Saints fan and we took a lot of crap. Except, of course, when the Saints had a good year. Then everybody acted like they were life long Saints fans. I wanted to punch them in the face.:hihi:
I dont know, apparently a lot of Mississippians bleed black & gold, from what I saw at training camp. I'm glad MS loves the Saints. Looking forward to visiting Jackson again this summer.

So, Yanks vs. Sox here...haha.... Its even war on the net. One of those things that make America great. For you younger guys, Yankees & Sox have always had fans in the South, Since we had no teams down here until the 60s. A lot of the South also rooted for the Cardinals.

Heres a fun story for Astros fans/ Houston folks: Although Houston had numerous minor league and amateur teams, for the major leagues, most bayou city fans followed the CARDINALS. Sounds blasphemous now, doesnt it. Part of it was later when we got the Buffs, I dont know the year, but the Buffs, who played where Finger Furniture is now,(they still mark home plate in the store) ---the Buffs were a Cardinal farm team.

Dont tell anyone, but really, I admire the Cardinals and their fans. Like Saints fans, they come from all directions and pack the stadium.

Kellye, congrats on the Yankee tix!

I'll be excited just to hear baseball on the radio again. Louisiana people, if you love baseball, but you dont really have a team yet, come see the Astros.

I dont know, apparently a lot of Mississippians bleed black & gold, from what I saw at training camp. I'm glad MS loves the Saints. Looking forward to visiting Jackson again this summer.

So, Yanks vs. Sox here...haha.... Its even war on the net. One of those things that make America great. For you younger guys, Yankees & Sox have always had fans in the South, Since we had no teams down here until the 60s. A lot of the South also rooted for the Cardinals.

Heres a fun story for Astros fans/ Houston folks: Although Houston had numerous minor league and amateur teams, for the major leagues, most bayou city fans followed the CARDINALS. Sounds blasphemous now, doesnt it. Part of it was later when we got the Buffs, I dont know the year, but the Buffs, who played where Finger Furniture is now,(they still mark home plate in the store) ---the Buffs were a Cardinal farm team.

Dont tell anyone, but really, I admire the Cardinals and their fans. Like Saints fans, they come from all directions and pack the stadium.

Kellye, congrats on the Yankee tix!

I'll be excited just to hear baseball on the radio again. Louisiana people, if you love baseball, but you dont really have a team yet, come see the Astros.

There are a lot of Saints fans in MS, I just couldnt find em in my little area back then. There are also a lot of Packers fans in this particular area of MS because Favre went to USM. So much so that instead of getting the best national match up when a Saints game isnt on, Im getting crappy Packers games.

BTW, Im a Braves fan, not a Red Sox fan.:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom