Im looking for an unbiased site that lists the positions of the Presidential candidates. (1 Viewer)

Anybody know of one? Preferably a neutral site that isnt trying to push one candidate over the others. It would also be nice if the site is updated regularly because politicians tend to change their minds to fit their current needs. :hihi:

Im still undecided and I want to see where these guys(and girl....ish.....person) stand on all the issues and compare them to my own beliefs before I start to narrow it down. I mean, I know where some of them stand on some issues but I wanna know where all of them stand on all the issues. I'd also like to see which ones have been the most consistent in their views and which ones have done a lot of back and forth.

I dont want people to think Im looking for a website to tell me who to vote for. I just wanna see all the candidates lined up side by side and compare them before making up my own mind.
You should also have www.factcheck.org in your list of bookmarks. IMO, it is an invaluable website and one of the best on the interwebs...

Im still undecided and I want to see where these guys(and girl....ish.....person) stand on all the issues and compare them to my own beliefs before I start to narrow it down. I mean, I know where some of them stand on some issues but I wanna know where all of them stand on all the issues. I'd also like to see which ones have been the most consistent in their views and which ones have done a lot of back and forth.

I dont want people to think Im looking for a website to tell me who to vote for. I just wanna see all the candidates lined up side by side and compare them before making up my own mind.

IMHO, you're creating more work than is necessary. Here's the process I use in evaluating candidates....feel free to use this advice or discard it. Instead of trying to understand where all the candidates stand on all the issues, I determine where I stand on issues and what issues are important to me. Once I've got that understanding, I rank those issues in order of importance. Some of those issues are non-negotiable and some issues are of a less critical nature. I eliminate all the candidates that aren't aligned with the non-negotiable issues and only consider the remaining candidates. You may be surprised how few candidates there are that are aligned with your non-negotiables. In my case there are only 2 candidates who meet that criteria left in the race. So I only have to evaluate those candidates on the less critical stuff and take into account the more subjective aspects related to: Leadership, experience, ability to influence others, likelihood of holding firm to their position under trying circumstances, etc.

For the General Election I may have to go with "the lesser of two evils" approach if both candidates have policy positions that conflict with my non-negotiables. Barring a dramatic change it's looking like it may come down to that approach this year :(.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom