I'm mostly disappointed with Saints fans (1 Viewer)

Never knew that Raiders fans had no other way to buy tickets than buy them from Saints fans. I guess Steelers fans and Packers fans buy their tickets from home team fans too. You learn something new every day. Thanks.

Does seem as though the dome field advantage has started to lag. Noise level never seemed to much. If anyone was there can you say if it was as loud as normal. Hope it was coverage. Sure some is the product and losing. You could def hear the raider fans cheering defense.

You should be disappointed with the Saints organization for first selling tickets to current season ticket holders rather than those on the waiting list. Now John Doe owns 6 tickets and sells 4 of them on stubhub.

a123f0970b1c18b5ea65635c4a3226e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Uh, yes it is. Someone had to sell them the tickets.
It really is. The raiders even returned some of their official allotment, which means the majority of those Raiders fans bought their tickets from....Saints fans. There's too many people who have treated their tickets as a financial investment. I've had tickets for 12 years and there's at least 7 seats around me that belong to ticket holders I've never met because they've never come to a game.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

To many tickets are bought by people who never attend games. I know one guy in another state, never been to a game, but owns something like 8-10 in the endzone.

Every fanbase in the NFL looks at their away schedule and if they see New Orleans - many circle it. It's just ideal for them. The Dome is downtown and easy to get to. There are ample hotel rooms. They come and party and eat.

That part is fine and good for the city. The problem is if Saints "fans" are using their season tickets purely as a business venture to make money by selling tickets to away fans - especially when there are thousands of die-hard Saints fans on the wait list. It is difficult to stop but culturally we can call those people out for it.

It really is. The raiders even returned some of their official allotment, which means the majority of those Raiders fans bought their tickets from....Saints fans. There's too many people who have treated their tickets as a financial investment. I've had tickets for 12 years and there's at least 7 seats around me that belong to ticket holders I've never met because they've never come to a game.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Every game is going to have a faction of secondary market buyers and sellers (people that can't make games, out of town fans that can only make 3-4 games but have tickets, and yes, the unfortunate broker people, not to mention people going through issues with the flooding down South, which has gone way under-publicized and is very serious). Most times, home team fans buy this relatively small faction. There are a small handful of teams, Raiders being among them, whose fans travel very well and have fans throughout the nation who pretty much corner and hoard all the secondary market tickets.

It's not like there were 20,000 Raiders fans in there, 2000-3000 can make a lot of noise on their own.

I just think this thread is silly. Anyone that's been watching football, not just Saints, but the entire league, knows this is normal. People complaining must not watch many Raiders, Steelers, or Packers away games. It's that way no matter where they play.

People find ways to get tickets one way or another.

Every fanbase in the NFL looks at their away schedule and if they see New Orleans - many circle it. It's just ideal for them. The Dome is downtown and easy to get to. There are ample hotel rooms. They come and party and eat.

That part is fine and good for the city. The problem is if Saints "fans" are using their season tickets purely as a business venture to make money by selling tickets to away fans - especially when there are thousands of die-hard Saints fans on the wait list. It is difficult to stop but culturally we can call those people out for it.

Yeah because fans can choose who buys their tickets. They didn't purposely sell their tickets to Raiders fans. Raiders fans just bought up all the normal secondary market tickets instead of Saints fans for this one game.

It was really loud by the Raiders fans. I hope this does not become a trend.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

It was really loud by the Raiders fans. I hope this does not become a trend.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

It won't, because other teams don't travel the way they travel.

Something else we have going against us as opposed to recent past seasons, our team on the field is giving opposing fans way more opportunities to cheer.

To many tickets are bought by people who never attend games. I know one guy in another state, never been to a game, but owns something like 8-10 in the endzone.

This is what I was thinking. You can't automatically assume "season ticket holders" are Saints fans. Maybe in the past they re-sold primarily to local Saints fans, and it mostly worked out for crowd noise.

You can't blame local fans who didn't buy tickets today. Maybe the reason is (reseller-controlled) artificially high ticket prices based on the knowledge that Raiders fans would pay bigger bucks. Those who scooped up tickets back then are speculating and treating this as a business, not as a fan, so they don't care.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom