I'm moving to Thailand for a little while. Anyone been to Thailand? (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
So I am going to move to Thailand for at least a little while to teach English. I've been wanting to travel abroad in at least a semi-permanent capacity for probably half a decade now, and I'm finally doing it. I'll be going to Khonkaen province in northeast Thailand. Thailand is supposed to have some of the friendliest people in the world, so I'm looking forward to it. Anyone here have much experience traveling in Thailand?

So I am going to move to Thailand for at least a little while to teach English. I've been wanting to travel abroad in at least a semi-permanent capacity for probably half a decade now, and I'm finally doing it. I'll be going to Khonkaen province in northeast Thailand. Thailand is supposed to have some of the friendliest people in the world, so I'm looking forward to it. Anyone here have much experience traveling in Thailand?

I certainly have not. They have good food and are generally smart people from my experience. Enjoy your stay!

My wrestling cosch in high school was Thai
That’s about all I got
Wait, sorry, I also dated a Thai woman briefly, but she was adopted by Americans and fully ‘western’
So I probably can’t be of much help
Anyway, good luck and enjoy

I'm less help than you as I have less than nothing to offer here.

That’s cool man - what an adventure. I have a friend that goes to Thailand frequently, but he goes to the coast. I don’t know anything about traveling there other than he wouldn’t go so much if it wasn’t easy and welcoming. But up in the provinces might be different.

When are you going?

My biggest concern is being able to watch the Saints while I'm there. I actually scheduled my departure with that in mind. I'm pretty worried about my Wi-Fi connection when I'm there. It's 12 hours difference. I don't mind waiting to watch, just not being able to watch the Saints at all is my biggest fear!!!!

That’s cool man - what an adventure. I have a friend that goes to Thailand frequently, but he goes to the coast. I don’t know anything about traveling there other than he wouldn’t go so much if it wasn’t easy and welcoming. But up in the provinces might be different.

When are you going?

I'm leaving after the Saints play the Jaguars at 12:00pm CT Sunday October 10th...so yeah, I kept the Saints schedule in mind when booking my trip.

When International I should be able to use GamePass, but I won't know for sure until I know about the reliability of my internet connection when I'm in my place and it's killing me not knowing if I'll be able to get the Saints

That's awesome man! That seems like a big deal so I hope it all works out for you.

I'm leaving after the Saints play the Jaguars at 12:00pm CT Sunday October 10th...so yeah, I kept the Saints schedule in mind when booking my trip.

Wow so that’s right around the corner. I’m kind of fascinated (living vicariously) by it - hope my questions aren’t intrusive. I think it’s a really interesting part of the world, how did it end up being Thailand? Do you speak Thai?

My brother and I have spent time in Thailand, him more frequently and recently than my last trip.

We both find the people friendly and generous. Apart from the weather it's beautiful, top to bottom.

Thai language is difficult. Friends at DoS told me they had three years to achieve 8th-grade fluency. ?

Should be an excellent adventure for you. Enjoy!

Wow so that’s right around the corner. I’m kind of fascinated (living vicariously) by it - hope my questions aren’t intrusive. I think it’s a really interesting part of the world, how did it end up being Thailand? Do you speak Thai?

You could probably get a job teaching English in Thailand. It's not hard. Just be an English speaker and don't have a criminal record and have a bachelor's degree in something and you can get paid almost nothing to teach in Thailand. lol.

I'm going for the experience of living in another culture for sure. I have no kids, no wife, no girlfriend. I just want to experience some more of this great planet, and Thailand seems like a great place to go.

EDIT: I also have a TESOL (teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) teaching certificate, but I don't really thing that makes me a better teacher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom