I'm not Racist....Man, woman sentenced for terrorizing party goers with Confederate Flag (and weapons) (1 Viewer)

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, woman sentenced for terrorizing party goers with Confederate Flag (and weapons)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...ing-partygoers-with-confederate-flag.amp.html

In July 2015, just weeks after the Charleston church massacre, a large*group*of people drove up to a birthday party in Douglasville in trucks, flying American, military and Confederate flags. According to prosecutors, about 15 people, several pointing guns, were riding through town that day with a group called “Respect the Flag.”

What happened to you was horrible. Mother-to-mother, I can't imagine what it was like to explain what that word means to a*child. I accept responsibility for what I did, but that was not me,” the 25-year-old mother said fighting back tears in her eyes
hate makes you do really stupid things.

“I don't think it's a coincidence that this incident happened one month after the Charleston shooting,” Judge McClain said speaking directly to both convicts. “I suppose confederate flags can be interpreted different ways and different contexts, but if you're driving around waving Confederate flags and using the N-word everywhere you go, then there's only one way to interpret that,” he said.
I'd like someone to try to disagree with that statement.

personally, I would never fly a confederate flag. but it's anyone's right to do so. but as long as stuff like this happens, it will stay demonized.
they got what they deserved, no doubt.
anyone who shows up at a gathering, threatens people, especially children deserve what they get.
let's see who is the first to post "well, they threw something at their truck, so they brought it on themselves".

video here:
Couple gets prison for racial threats at party - CNN Video

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Man, woman sentenced for terrorizing party goers with Confederate Flag (and weapons)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...ing-partygoers-with-confederate-flag.amp.html

hate makes you do really stupid things.

I'd like someone to try to disagree with that statement.

personally, I would never fly a confederate flag. but it's anyone's right to do so. but as long as stuff like this happens, it will stay demonized.
they got what they deserved, no doubt.
anyone who shows up at a gathering, threatens people, especially children deserve what they get.
let's see who is the first to post "well, they threw something at their truck, so they brought it on themselves".

video here:
Couple gets prison for racial threats at party - CNN Video

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Ummm.. maybe it was just the world's least historically accurate Civil War reenactment?

At an 8 year olds birthday party pointing guns at kids....how low of a human being can you be?

And yet you know the excuses are coming. "They brought it on themselves" "maybe their music was too loud" and my favorite "blah blah blah Chicago"

I'm in no way defending the actions of these two, so I don't want to be misunderstood, but the party goers weren't terrorized by the flag, they were terrorized by guns and threats. The flag is distasteful to many, even insulting, but I doubt they would have felt terrorized. That being said, the two arrested are idiots and if you're going to spend your time pointing guns at people and shouting racial slurs then spend some time in jail.

I'm in no way defending the actions of these two, so I don't want to be misunderstood, but the party goers weren't terrorized by the flag, they were terrorized by guns and threats. The flag is distasteful to many, even insulting, but I doubt they would have felt terrorized. That being said, the two arrested are idiots and if you're going to spend your time pointing guns at people and shouting racial slurs then spend some time in jail.

Even if the flag didn't already cause terror in the party goers, it will forever cause terror in them going forward.

They will recall this event and the way they felt every time they see one of those flags for the rest of their lives.

not sure how you can tease it out from the other stuff
if it was middle easterners flying an Islamic State flag, you on't think that would come in for extra scrutiny?

I'm surprised that they didn't use the I'm-just-expressing-my-southern-heritage defense.

Kayla Norton yells "I love you guys!" to the crowd that gathered to support her at her sentencing at the Douglas County Courthouse in Douglasville, Ga., Monday, Feb. 27, 2017.

A crowd. Supporting her. Whatthehell? She was running around town yelling n***** and threatening to kill children and there's a crowd supporting her?

What does that have to do with anything?

Christian terrorism.

Maybe even radical Christian terrorism.

Because you know damn good and well if the perps were wearing turbans, it'd be called Islamic terrorism.

not sure how you can tease it out from the other stuff
if it was middle easterners flying an Islamic State flag, you on't think that would come in for extra scrutiny?

My only gripe was that the headline was a bit silly.

Man, woman sentenced for terrorizing partygoers with Confederate Flag

I would think the guns and N word played as much part in the terrorizing as the flag.

My only gripe was that the headline was a bit silly.

Man, woman sentenced for terrorizing partygoers with Confederate Flag

I would think the guns and N word played as much part in the terrorizing as the flag.

yes, gun should be the primary focus - but i can easily see from a person of color's pov that the n word and waving a confederate flag would be 2A/2B

yes, gun should be the primary focus - but i can easily see from a person of color's pov that the n word and waving a confederate flag would be 2A/2B

I always try to see things from another's point of view, it's difficult because I'm one of the whitest people on the planet. I understand that the Confederate flag is offensive and even hurtful to black folk, and I understand why. I'm proud of my people and where they came from, although there is certainly racism there and some slave ownership. My family were mostly poor farmers, a few of the wealthier ones had some slaves. I've seen a few bills of sale of slaves my grandmother had among her family papers. It's nothing to be proud of but I also feel no shame in that, it was a product of the time. If I were alive then I can't say what I would do, but I'd probably work to be part of the system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom