I'm not so sure Jameis can be fixed. (1 Viewer)

Piper Aydair

Very Banned
Reaction score
I want to postulate that many of you have minimized the nature of JW's flaws and have an unrealistic belief that the Saints QB coaches can fix him.

So I have been watching his 2019 games (6 so far) and it is not just bad decisions it is a whole lot of bad throws. Floaters, overthrown, underthrown, bad touch, and most alarming radial aximuth errors.

The common theory it is mental and he is just bad habits and making bad decisions but it is more than that and he throws a lot of off target passes. The mental errors only compound what I think is an inherent accuracy issue.

I also notice his longest pass in 2019 was 47 air yards. I think his arm strength is also an issue.

If anyone can do it, it’s Sean Payton. He’s hit so hard on Drew Brees that people may have forgotten he has never had a bad quarterback.

This is on Winston to put in the effort. His fanboying attitude with Brees makes me optimistic but it’s on him. Besides. Taysom is a great alternative if not the alternative.

Take a guy who has thrown for 5,000 yards with all of these flaws, put him in the qb room with SP, Carmichael, DB9, etc., I'm 100% sure that his flaws could be improved upon. If he can improve even 15%, you end up with a guy who leads the league in Passing yards and touchdowns, throws 14.5 INTs (his average before last season with a new Offense). Put him on a team that plays complementary football and an organization with high accountability and culture, he'd be an MVP candidate.

Yeah, he’s making 1 million to be an emergency QB. Probably not worth sifting through his snaps from last season, but I guess it would be interesting to see how he stacks up against Kurt Benekert and Will Grier or whoever our division rivals have in that role.

If I’m SP, I am 100% implementing Winston in this offense. Even if it’s 3-4 plays a game, with a 60 yard throw or two. Why wouldn’t you if he’s on the active roster with that arm.

I see the same thing happening.

Defenses will have to gameplan out of their skulls knowing that they might have to face 3 QB's in the same game who can all beat you.

If anyone can pull it off it's SP.

I am not a fan of JW. He will need to mature as an individual first. But the craziness of him in college mostly during the off-season are mind boggling. Some of the stuuf he does in his private time in the NFL tells me that he has talent, but he is nuts.
But hey, lets "Play Ball" JW. Please surprise me please, please. Just play very good.

I am not a fan of JW. He will need to mature as an individual first. But the craziness of him in college mostly during the off-season are mind boggling. Some of the stuuf he does in his private time in the NFL tells me that he has talent, but he is nuts.
But hey, lets "Play Ball" JW. Please surprise me please, please. Just play very good.
Winston has had a clean record since 2016. Started a family and been really delegent of taking care of his body.

How would you feel if someone keep bring up mistakes you did 4 years ago to make you look bad?

I can understand if he did something recently, but come on... You guys would put your neck out for an arrogant noboby like Rosen before giving Winston a chance in a functional environment is sad.

I want to postulate that many of you have minimized the nature of JW's flaws and have an unrealistic belief that the Saints QB coaches can fix him.

So I have been watching his 2019 games (6 so far) and it is not just bad decisions it is a whole lot of bad throws. Floaters, overthrown, underthrown, bad touch, and most alarming radial aximuth errors.

The common theory it is mental and he is just bad habits and making bad decisions but it is more than that and he throws a lot of off target passes. The mental errors only compound what I think is an inherent accuracy issue.

I also notice his longest pass in 2019 was 47 air yards. I think his arm strength is also an issue.
i've been feeling the same way. i think we are going to find out what his mental capacity is very soon. If he can handle our playbook or not. if he can't then don't be surprised if he gets cut before the season starts...................................

Winston has had a clean record since 2016. Started a family and been really delegent of taking care of his body.

How would you feel if someone keep bring up mistakes you did 4 years ago to make you look bad?

I can understand if he did something recently, but come on... You guys would put your neck out for an arrogant noboby like Rosen before giving Winston a chance in a functional environment is sad.

I hope he does prove me wrong. Nothing I would like better than for Jamies. I hope he plays 20 years for us.
I have coached/teach baseball to young players who were athletic smurfs. I never drafted big gorillas. Those players knew who they were and who I was. They wanted to be better because it feels good. We went undefeated for 2 years. Well I never had a losing season in 20 years of coaching. Opposing players and their family still hate my guts because we beat them and we had fun learning how to play the game and be winners.
Point is, yeah I know how it feels to be criticized for winning 20 years ago.
So, for me just win Jamies, be good at it. Be a good winner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom