I'm not so sure Jameis can be fixed. (1 Viewer)

My Jameis take: We hate our division rivals and Jameis gave us plenty to hate with his antics, same with Cam Newton. I always feared him as a player talent wise. Dude has talent. Dude was/is immature. We shall see. The fact he signed such a cheap deal to be a backup to learn from the best tells me he may have turned the corner. He's now enrolled in graduate school. It appears he understands his situation. It's a win win. Besides Bridgewater, name another backup we've had as capable as Winston. He absolutely could handle a five-game swing like Teddy last year. He will also operate behind a top 3 OL. And think of the culture he enters? Think about Tampa's roster over the years. No leadership or culture. If he minds his business, puts his head down, absorbs and goes to school, he could really blossom. Again, as others have said, it's a win-win. .... Just don't let him lead the pre-game hype chant...;

What is there to fix at a 1 year near vet min? Hes there incase we need em

If you think Jameis Winston doesn't have an above average NFL arm, you're going to need to watch more football.

Don't quote stats at me. Just watch football. His arm is not top top tier (Mahomes, Goff, etc.) but it's very much above average and he probably has the strongest arm on the team.

If you think Jameis Winston doesn't have an above average NFL arm, you're going to need to watch more football.

Don't quote stats at me. Just watch football. His arm is not top top tier (Mahomes, Goff, etc.) but it's very much above average and he probably has the strongest arm on the team.
Great lets throw the ball as far as we can better hope no defenders are there. Are we this bored he got a one year deal

Great lets throw the ball as far as we can better hope no defenders are there. Are we this bored he got a one year deal

The #1 pick in the 1st round. There was a ton of evaluation that went into Winston before the draft. And he went to a team that has not been able to support any successful QB in decades. Who knows - he may be terminal in the head, but Sean Payton thinks Winston can be successful in his system. Over my career, I've watched elite managers, real leaders of men/ladies, transform cast-offs into top tier performers. I am not going to bet against SP with Winston.

The #1 pick in the 1st round. There was a ton of evaluation that went into Winston before the draft. And he went to a team that has not been able to support any successful QB in decades. Who knows - he may be terminal in the head, but Sean Payton thinks Winston can be successful in his system. Over my career, I've watched elite managers, real leaders of men/ladies, transform cast-offs into top tier performers. I am not going to bet against SP with Winston.
Cool is russell cant be too old now

The #1 pick in the 1st round. There was a ton of evaluation that went into Winston before the draft. And he went to a team that has not been able to support any successful QB in decades.

To your point about evaluation, Payton mentioned in an interview the other night how favorably Winston stacked up against the QBs in this year’s draft class.

Here is a throw that’s about 50 “air yards” while rolling out and not even driving the ball

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQdJm2l5ATc

At the 7:18 mark, 43 “air yards” across his body off his back Foot.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nBAGQRZhv_s

More important than any of that, this ridiculous dart/dime through a tight window.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxdwEd5_jQ

Arm strength isn’t a problem at all for Winston.

Great posts Spud. Thx so much!!!

To your point about evaluation, Payton mentioned in an interview the other night how favorably Winston stacked up against the QBs in this year’s draft class.

Hey Spud!!! Whassup. I just watched the entire vid of all of Winston's TDs and Int's from last year. Very interesting. When he is on, maybe Mahomes is the only more talented passer in the league. But Winston seems like he was never taught to be a QB at the NFL level. Some of his decisions are terrible. He has a number of Ints where it looked like Winston was looking at the ground when he released the Int. If anybody can teach this kid to be a savvy NFL QB, it is likely only Sean Payton. But if SP, Carmichael and Brees can teach Winston to mentally become an NFL QB, the greatest single move of the entire offseason for all teams is Loomis grabbing Winston for SP to try and teach.

That is what I have been doing sitting here quarantined.

i've been feeling the same way. i think we are going to find out what his mental capacity is very soon. If he can handle our playbook or not. if he can't then don't be surprised if he gets cut before the season starts...................................
Why wouldn’t JW be able to learn the playbook? What on earth are you talking about? Please show me evidence that he is incapable of learning said playbook, because as far as I know he is very smart! Also to continue to bring up past transgressions (4 years ago) is not only PETTY but CHILDISH; I digress.

Hey Spud!!! Whassup. I just watched the entire vid of all of Winston's TDs and Int's from last year. Very interesting. When he is on, maybe Mahomes is the only more talented passer in the league. But Winston seems like he was never taught to be a QB at the NFL level. Some of his decisions are terrible. He has a number of Ints where it looked like Winston was looking at the ground when he released the Int. If anybody can teach this kid to be a savvy NFL QB, it is likely only Sean Payton. But if SP, Carmichael and Brees can teach Winston to mentally become an NFL QB, the greatest single move of the entire offseason for all teams is Loomis grabbing Winston for SP to try and teach.
I am not criticizing you (just a disclaimer)... May just maybe the eyeglasses/ eye surgery is a real thing. He recently stated the he played but could not always see because he did not want to play with glasses on!

I hope Payton and Brees can make a good QB out of him, but I won't be surprised if they can't. He's been playing for a long time and still makes the same mistakes. Payton is great at developing QBs, but I don't think he's a god compared to all of the other coaches that Winston has worked with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom