I'm not sold on Winston, but I don't think Andy Dalton is a miracle cure either, like some seem to think. (1 Viewer)

I don’t think the 12 and 13 point games Teddy put up against Dallas and Jacksonville scared Drew into coming back early. He was always going to come back as soon as possible.
Fair enough but I still don't think any player wants to see his backup getting the job done.

You think Drew wanted us to lose those games?
No, why are acting as if what I'm saying is so foreign? All people want to feel needed. If you break up with someone you may not want to see them hurt but you don't want it to be them to be as happy as they were with you. You're acting like Drew was some mythical altruistic figure.

I don’t think the 12 and 13 point games Teddy put up against Dallas and Jacksonville scared Drew into coming back early. He was always going to come back as soon as possible.
No but the 300yds 4TDs vs the Bucs and the ~300yds and 2TDs against the Bears may have. For all of our success against those 2 teams...Drew didn't look all that amused on the sidelines...I guess you can call it "focused" if you want.

No, why are acting as if what I'm saying is so foreign? All people want to feel needed. If you break up with someone you may not want to see them hurt but you don't want it to be them to be as happy as they were with you. You're acting like Drew was some mythical altruistic figure.

Certain players are above being replaced as starter. Brady, Mahomes, Allen for instance. Drew was in that group. Now if you're Ryan Tannehill or Mitch Trubisky...you should be concerned.

No but the 300yds 4TDs vs the Bucs and the ~300yds and 2TDs against the Bears may have. For all of our success against those 2 teams...Drew didn't look all that amused on the sidelines...I guess you can call it "focused" if you want.

He wanted to play but I don't think he was ever concerned about losing his job. Not to Teddy Bridgewater. If we had drafted Mahomes, sure.

Didn’t want to start a new thread. Question for everyone is what is the record for our starting QBs over last few years? I think these figures are right.

We are likely to see changes at QB so here’s the baseline. Didn’t include Andy Dalton because up until this point he hasn’t started a game as a Saint.

Jameis Winston - 6-4.

Taysom Hill (Not as easy to find as it should be) I believe it’s 4-2.

Trevor Siemian- 2-4

Didn’t want to start a new thread. Question for everyone is what is the record for our starting QBs over last few years? I think these figures are right.

We are likely to see changes at QB so here’s the baseline. Didn’t include Andy Dalton because up until this point he hasn’t started a game as a Saint.

Jameis Winston - 6-4.

Taysom Hill (Not as easy to find as it should be) I believe it’s 4-2.

Trevor Siemian- 2-4
Taysom was 3-1 as a starter in 2020 and 4-1 in 2021.

I believe there is a place for JW in the NFL, but it’s not a starting qb. I feel he could have a long career as a solid backup.

Certain players are above being replaced as starter. Brady, Mahomes, Allen for instance. Drew was in that group. Now if you're Ryan Tannehill or Mitch Trubisky...you should be concerned.
Drew would not be replaced but he was at the tail end of his career, so I think he was paying attention. How do you think Drew would have responded if we drafted Mahomes? Also, remember Brady actively pushed for the Pats to get rid of Jimmy G.

Drew would not be replaced but he was at the tail end of his career, so I think he was paying attention. How do you think Drew would have responded if we drafted Mahomes? Also, remember Brady actively pushed for the Pats to get rid of Jimmy G.

I think Drew would've retired earlier had we drafted Mahomes. He said he almost retired after 2016.

I think Drew would've retired earlier had we drafted Mahomes. He said he almost retired after 2016.
We'll never know but I do think he stayed a little longer than initially anticipated. To be clear I'm not knocking Drew but I think he was conscious about his playing status in his later years, like most players. Rogers reacted the same way to Love as did Farve when they drafted Rogers.

We'll never know but I do think he stayed a little longer than initially anticipated. To be clear I'm not knocking Drew but I think he was conscious about his playing status in his later years, like most players. Rogers reacted the same way to Love as did Farve when they drafted Rogers.

But Drew never acted that way.

But Drew never acted that way.
We never put him in that position of drafting a 1st round QB in his mid-thirties, so its all speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom