I'm personally more excited about Vilma than who we take at 10 (1 Viewer)

Why are people scared to be excited about a player on this board, everytime someone tries to pump a player up, there is always someone who wants to point out the negative, like we don't know the negative, we know the negative about these players (Vilma and Morgan...or whoever) being excited about a player is not being blind about the negative possibilities.

Well, no argument, but let's look at the OP:

"This guy is the clutch to our D. They got him for a reason. We may or may not go D in the first round. I know we all for the most part want us to. But Vilma is here to play, and he is going to be a HUGE part of our success this year. I don't care who we draft. I feel like he was a diamond misplaced in the rough and we plucked it out. He's glad to be here(HUGE +) He's a beast at his natural place on the field, which he will get here(+ again). We kinda just got away with a nice draft pick in our own right with his age. He seems like too good of a person to not have his knee be ok. "

Clutch to our D? He is going to be a huge part of our success this year? These are unknowns. I call it jumping the gun.

And I like:

"He seems like too good of a person to not have his knee be ok. "

Well, if being a good person means your knee will be ok, Deuce is a lock for all pro.

Just suggesting we don't jump the gun, but I want Vilma to make it as much as anyone here. And all of us do.

ddd

"This guy is the clutch to our D. They got him for a reason. We may or may not go D in the first round. I know we all for the most part want us to. But Vilma is here to play, and he is going to be a HUGE part of our success this year. I don't care who we draft. I feel like he was a diamond misplaced in the rough and we plucked it out. He's glad to be here(HUGE +) He's a beast at his natural place on the field, which he will get here(+ again). We kinda just got away with a nice draft pick in our own right with his age. He seems like too good of a person to not have his knee be ok. "

Clutch to our D? He is going to be a huge part of our success this year? These are unknowns. I call it jumping the gun.

And I like:

Well, if being a good person means your knee will be ok, Deuce is a lock for all pro.

Just suggesting we don't jump the gun, but I want Vilma to make it as much as anyone here. And all of us do.

ddd

Good point. I want Vilma to destroy people this year but we may have to wait. When they picked up Drew it was with the idea that he was the future, even if he didn't play in '06. If Vilma is awesome this year I'll be ecstatic, but we have a long way before we see how good he is, NOT was, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

And I like:

ddd

That I understand, he was a bit overboard with that, but he's excited, I'm not gonna be his kill joy....there is a difference in being a realist about the situation and being a dreamer.

That I understand, he was a bit overboard with that, but he's excited, I'm not gonna be his kill joy....there is a difference in being a realist about the situation and being a dreamer.

OK,

Maybe sometimes I'm a bit overboard. I forget it's the offseason month before the draft, and have new free agents, and have our hopes, and yes dreams.

I didn't mean to kill the thread, ya'll go for it, I'll read and remain silent.

LOL

ddd

If Vilma is healthy it could be close to the impact Sam Mills had with the Panthers when he signed over there.

Sam was 30+ years old. Vilma is 26. We should be excited. We have a Pro-bowler and former DROY at MLB. That is fun to say. And by the way, unless we get Dorsey or Ellis, no matter who we draft, the fans and experts will be wary. Of the players who will most likely be available at pick # 10, here's what I think. I don't think any of the corners can come in and start. They all look like good players and maybe great ones (DRC), but none of them look NFL ready. We need help now at CB, not in 2 years. Also, if Morgan and Vilma are healthy, none of the LB's in this particular draft could come in and start either. Same goes for QB, WR, TE, RB (other than DMC). That said, we need a bad *** RT to replace Stinch. Clady or Otah might be our pick. Yep, trades notwithstanding, if Ellis and Dorsey are unavailable, I believe we take Balmer if the coaches like him and if not, we take OT.

I'd have to say I sort of feel the same way. If healthy, Vilma is a proven playmaker at the NFL level. I can't say that about whoever we will end up taking in the draft.

Vilma has a cannon for an arm....

I also think Chris Behrman has already made a name for him..

I can almost picture him saying "VVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" like the flintstones

I agree, even if we draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey, I'll be more excited about Jonathan Vilma come training camp and preseason.

Yo... just looking at your sig... I didn't realize meach was that big... and he's 4.36... :scared:

It's gonna be real bad for defenses once Meachem "figures it out"... I hope he secures that #2 spot...

sorry for the threadjack... I just had to say that.

Regarding Vilma... I'm happpy as hell we got him... as I'm happy about morgan, and remembering how tough of a player he was before the injuries... if he can stay healthy he's gonna be another beast in our LB corp... but to me the #10 pick has my full attention... it'll be very intersting to see what we'll do with the pick. Do we trade into the top 7 to get Ellis? Do we stand pat? If so... do we take Clady at 10? Hey who knows... they could take Clady at 10, and trade Stinchcomb and recoup the 4th :shrug:

So many possibilities.

I too must admit that the Vilma signing is the greatest FA trade we have made in years. I know Brees was a massive success, but I honestly did not believe he would achieve what he did, so my expectations were much lower. Back in the "lets get Takeo Spike" days I was really pumped until we lost him.
Too me Vilma is coming in with the greatest expectations to a Saints FA player for the last decade. He is a better player than T Spikes and definately a better fit for our defense. I have a good feeling about this one (hoping not to jinx anyone)

Why are people scared to be excited about a player on this board, everytime someone tries to pump a player up, there is always someone who wants to point out the negative, like we don't know the negative, we know the negative about these players (Vilma and Morgan...or whoever) being excited about a player is not being blind about the negative possibilities.

It's not as though people have to search for reasons to be concerned with either one of the players you mentioned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom